On a budget? Places like Paris and London are renowned for being pricey, but that doesn’t mean you have to rule out the entire continent. We polled travel pros to pick the top European cities for cost-conscious vacationers. From Brussels to Belgrade, these destinations deliver a memorable experience without breaking the bank. Ready, set, travel. 12 PHOTOS 12 dazzling (and inexpensive) European spots See Gallery 12 dazzling (and inexpensive) European spots KRAKÓW, POLAND “Kraków is known for its architectural splendor and fascinating—at times painful—past,” explains Alexis Tiacoh, PR specialist at Expedia. Think: museums housed in medieval castles, opulent Renaissance palaces and the Ghetto Heroes Monument, commemorating the uprising of 1943. The historic central district is conveniently walkable with bargains galore. The city also has an exciting contemporary art scene and lively nightlife, and Kazimierz, the former Jewish quarter, now ranks up there with the coolest neighborhoods in the country. PORTO, PORTUGAL Situated on the northwest coast of Portugal, this 2,000-year-old city charms with its beaches, UNESCO-listed landmarks, port wine and fresh-caught seafood. It’s also among the best bargains in Western Europe. Translation: Classy doesn’t come with the usual costs. (Seriously, this is a place where even fast-food joints have chandeliers. Don’t believe… Read full this story
- Cheapest winter city breaks in Europe for 2019 if you need to use up annual leave
- Story of cities #8: St Petersburg – is the 'city built on bones' starting to crumble?
- From architecture to cultural life: how would you design a city from scratch?
- What's the world's most expensive city?
- Passport to Paris? City rolls out red carpets to arrivals from Brexit London
- Frankfurt prepares for Brexit bankers: 'Maybe our city will change them'
- Paris plunge: daily queues after city opens cleaned-up canal to swimmers
- My favourite city film is ... Wings of Desire
- Where is the world's most walkable city?
- European city breaks are currently going from £69pp with flights but be quick
The 12 least expensive (but most dazzling) cities in Europe have 328 words, post on www.aol.com at October 15, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.