Friday newsletters always feature travel contests, tips, series, or news. Today (October 26, 2018): October 2018 luxury travel news. Every last Friday of the month, you can read my news round-up of what’s happening in the world of luxury travel. In this issue: Singapore Airlines launches world’s longest flight Rosewood Hotels to open its first property in the Philippines KLM and Qantas will code share on Europe-Australia routes Westin Hotels & Resorts debuts in the Maldives Nordic carrier Primera Air abruptly ceases operations Hyatt acquires Two Road Hospitality British Airways starts flying to Charlestone Six Senses Krabey Island in Cambodia premiers in December Miami will gets its first Waldorf Astoria hotel St Regis debuts in Zhuhai, China’s premier tourist destination 1. Singapore Airlines launches world’s longest flight Singapore Airlines has launched the world’s longest commercial flight, between Singapore and New York. The first new non-stop flight between Singapore and New York departed Changi International Airport on 11 October 2018 at 11.37pm (SIN time) and arrived at Newark Liberty International Airport a day later, at 5.29 am (US Eastern time). The flight duration was 17 hours 52 minutes. Operated by the all-new Airbus A350-900ULR (Ultra Long Range), the route will initially be served thrice-weekly, departing Singapore on… Read full this story
- To overcome travel ban, some Americans taking cases to court
- Ex-Nissan boss who fled Japan in double bass case to dodge fraud charges had ‘planned his escape for months’
- Post-work: the radical idea of a world without jobs
- Driver of 'death trap' limo had two drug convictions before birthday party crash that killed 19 people and himself
- Korea's top culture stories of 2019: A look back at why galbi-flavored fried chicken, Bong Joon-ho and, of course, BTS dominated the headlines this year
- MCA says no illegality in conversion of Tata Sons into private company; NCLAT reserves order
Travel news: this month (October 2018) in luxury travel have 311 words, post on theluxurytravelexpert.com at October 26, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.