U.S. Rep. Scott Perry, R-York County, speaks with members of the Rotary Club of York following a debate against Democratic challenger George Scott at the Country Club of York on Wednesday, September 19, 2018. (Ty Lohr/The York Daily Record) Scott Perry never imagined he’d be here. He never thought that the 13-year-old boy picking fruit at a farm in Mechanicsburg would one day be a United States Congressman. “But, I guess that’s the American dream,” Perry said. On Nov. 6, the three-term incumbent will fight to keep that dream alive, going head to head with Democrat George Scott for the newly drawn 10th Congressional District seat. Congressional District 10 in Pennsylvania (Photo: File) Perry won his last three terms in Congress by no fewer than 25 percentage points. But now, because of a recent Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision to redraw the state’s congressional map, it’s a district that has a chance of flipping in the November General Election. “I knew the people of the 4th District,” Perry said. “I grew up with them. So when the district was redrawn, it was heartbreaking. But that’s the hand you’re dealt and if you have to start over again, that’s what you do — it’s about getting to… Read full this story
- The Latest: Nunes claims ambassador’s ouster is HR issue
- Top Republicans in Congress break with Trump over Putin comments
- Republicans trumpet pre-existing condition protections despite votes to repeal Obamacare
- 'Steele Made This Whole Thing Up?': Republican Matt Gaetz Challenges Mueller on British Spy Dossier
- McCain Joins Growing Ranks of Republicans Withdrawing Support for Trump
- Donald Trump's Republican opponent Mark Sanford drops out saying he can't compete with his rival's impeachment in race for voters' attention
- Rick Perry’s most surprising legacy as energy secretary could be bigger science budget
- Retiring GOP Rep. Hurd 'wants to make sure the Republican Party looks like America'
- Impeachment hearings likely to get worse for Republicans
- Republican Lawmakers Rip Own Party For Don Jr. Subpoena
Who is Scott Perry? Biography, issues of Republican congressman up for re-electionYou may also be interested in... have 326 words, post on www.witf.org at October 11, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.