on social media
News from Ukraine
- The United Nations World Health Organization reports that Ukraine has currently the highest HIV infection rate in Europe after Russia.
- Ukraine’s Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman claims martial law won’t harm business in Ukraine. Groysman has stressed that the move is intended only to increase the country’s security.
News about Ukraine
- Ukraine should keep on fighting corruption and protecting civic activists,according to Angela Merkel. The German chancellor has also approved of raising gas prices in Ukraine but had nothing to say about martial law in the country.
- The German-speaking world is generally tight-lipped about the troubles Ukraine is currently going through.
- Head of IMF Christine Lagarde, however, mentioned martial law after a phone conversation with Ukraine’s president. Lagarde said IMF’s cooperation with Ukraine would remain intact. This means Ukraine might receive the first tranche under the new $3.9 billion IMF loan program by 2019.
News from Georgia
- A pro-Russian candidate wins presidential elections in Georgia as a Ukrainian ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin, Viktor Medvedchuk, allegedly visits Tbilisi.
Want us to send the free Daily Digest to your email every morning? Sign up here:
Found a spelling error? Let us know – highlight it and press Ctrl + Enter.
- Morning Digest: Over 6,000 travellers from U.K. traced across States in wake of new coronavirus strain, govt. renews offer for dialogue with farmers, and more
- Morning Digest: Three months on, wounds remain raw in Hathras; Repeal of agriculture laws tops farmers agenda for fresh talks on December 29; and more
- Coronavirus digest: Germany hits new COVID infection record
- News digest: Coronavirus restrictions will be toughened up
- Morning Digest: Farmers refute PM Modi’s charge of changing demand, Congress plans ‘Save cow’ march in U.P., and more
- Morning Digest: Farmers protest during airing of ‘Mann ki Baat’; terror plot to attack temple in J&K’s Poonch foiled, 3 arrested, and more
- Daily Serving of Nuts Linked with Longer Life
- EXCLUSIVE: Glamorous ex-St George Bank worker, 29, accused of 'running a $590,000 fraud scheme' has links to Sydney's organised crime through her drug dealer husband - and had Qantas plane tickets ready to flee overseas
- Top news of the day: Farmers have constitutional right to continue with protest, says SC; ISRO launches country's 42nd communications satellite, and more
- UK records 35,383 daily Covid cases after officials include 11,000 cases missed in Wales because of an IT glitch - as deaths continue to plateau with 532 more victims
- Farmers’ protest day 29: ‘Will take two steps if Centre takes one,’ say protesters, demand higher MSP | 10 points
- Top news of the day: Government makes fresh offer for talks with farmers; India challenges Vodafone arbitration ruling in Singapore, and more
- Top news of the day: Dry run for COVID-19 vaccine rollout in 4 States next week; Modi releases ₹18,000 crore to 9 crore farmers, and more
- Top news of the day: Farmers front accepts government offer for talks; around 150 soldiers in Delhi for Republic Day parade test positive for COVID-19, and more
- Top news of the day: US court terminates $100-million lawsuit against PM Modi and Amit Shah; Homoeopaths can prescribe government-approved add-ons, mixtures to supplement conventional treatment, says Supreme Court, and more
- Glamorous ex-bank worker, 29, accused of $590K fraud scheme is arrested inside flashy venue wearing skintight jumpsuit and designer slides - and she's NOT impressed by the police van
- Top news of the day: West Bengal officers' likely to have virtual meet with Union Home Secretary; Supreme Court initiates contempt action against Kunal Kamra and Rachita Taneja, and more
- Demon Sperm to Senator Stocks: 25 Daily Beast Stories That Captured This Absolute Sh*tshow of a Year
- Daily coronavirus cases have fallen by as much as 44% in states across the Midwest and Upper Great Plains over the last two weeks after more governors institute mask mandates as infections soar in coastal states such as California and New York
- Nine slams concessions made to Google and Facebook in world-first laws forcing them to pay for news they use - saying tech giants pay little tax, employ few workers and often have a negative impact on Aussie culture
Daily Digest: Top news of Thursday, Nov. 29 have 731 words, post on www.kyivpost.com at November 30, 2018. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.