Home Secretary Sajid Javid has told London police to get knife crime under control after five fatal stabbings in less than a week, instructing the Met to make “full use” of police powers, including increasing stop and search. The Home Office released details of a phone conversation between the Conservative Home Secretary and Metropolitan Police chief Cressida Dick Wednesday night, where he told her: “Alongside tough law enforcement we will not let up on our work to prevent young people getting drawn into knife crime in the first place.“But we must step up the police response to get the situation under control so that these measures have to time to work.” “We must act together, and I stand with you as we face this challenge,” he added. Mr Javid interrupted his trip to the United States, where he is to discuss tackling online child abuse with social media and tech giants, to instruct the Commissioner to get knife crime under control after five people, including three teenagers, were stabbed to death in the capital in less than one week. Another 17-year-old boy is fighting for his life after being stabbed Wednesday night in West Hampstead, north-west London. Khan Says It Could Take… Read full this story
- UK Knife Crime Hits Record High, Murder Surges in Khan’s London
- Thugs who attack 999 staff face longer jail terms: Writing in the Mail, Home Secretary Priti Patel reveals plan to DOUBLE maximum sentence for criminals who assault emergency crews
- Tories halt County Lines drugs gang squad - despite surge in knife crime
- Moment Bradford City footballer Ben Richards-Everton is handcuffed by police while officers search his new Range Rover for 'drugs and firearms' - now he plans to take legal action
- Domestic abuse calls to London police rise by a tenth during lockdown
- London suffers TWO more stabbing murders in 12 hours as total rises to 10 in two weeks and new figures show knife crime soared to new record high last year
- Virgin killer's parents read his hate-filled manifesto then called the police and rushed to stop him when they heard of murder spree on their car radio
- Kano on making 'great art', knife crime and Drake's Top Boy
- So much for your great deportation crackdown, Priti Patel! Home Secretary's promise thrown into doubt by new failures to secure the removal of offenders
- 'Aunt of personal assistant, 21, accused of dismembering his tech CEO boss reveals his troubled childhood - bouncing from one foster home to another - as police source calls him 'the new American Psycho, only dumber'
Home Secretary Calls on London Police to Increase Stop and Search to Combat Knife Crime have 416 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 8, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.