By Paul Rogers | [email protected] | Bay Area News GroupPUBLISHED: November 17, 2018 at 9:32 pm | UPDATED: November 17, 2018 at 10:00 pm President Trump’s visit Saturday to the fire-ravaged California town of Paradise seemed to be going fine, until he began explaining his understanding of forest policy. Apparently, California needs to buy more rakes. “You gotta take care of the floors. You know the floors of the forest, very important,” Trump told reporters, as Gov. Jerry Brown and Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom stood nearby. “You look at other countries where they do it differently and it’s a whole different story. I was with the President of Finland and he called it a forest nation, and they spend a lot of time on raking and cleaning and doing things and they don’t have any problem. And when they do, it’s a very small problem.” Trump appeared to be talking about the need to thin forests that are overgrown from decades of fire suppression, something that Brown accelerated this fall when he signed a law approving $1 billion in state money over the next five years for forest thinning projects and controlled burns. Trump did not mention the role of drought… Read full this story
- Montini: Donald Trump mocks taxpayers more than John McCain
- Donald Trump mocks Asians with broken English while speaking about China, Japan relations at campaign rally
- Exercise, weight control reduce risk of breast cancer
- 'She Can't Make It 15 Feet': Trump Mocks Hillary's Collapse at PA Rally
- San Diego Union-Tribune tells California Republicans to vote for Ronald Reagan in upcoming GOP primary
- Drug farmer wanted in 2 slayings, Aaron Bassler, killed by SWAT team in California redwood forest
- Pregnant mothers with healthier diets an seriously reduce risk of birth defects
- Low-fat dairy associated with reduced risk of stroke
- Trump: Windmills make Palm Springs look like a 'junkyard'
- Folic acid taken during pregnancy associated with reduced risk of autism
Trump mocked for telling California to rake its forests like Finland to reduce fire risk have 319 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at November 17, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.