Self-ordering kiosks are among the big trends in retail franchise businesses, countering the rising cost of labor. Photo by flickr user Marco Verch. With a strong and healthy U.S. economy this year, and a strong economic outlook for the upcoming year, 2019 is poised to be a good year for the franchise industry. Kiplinger is projecting total holiday receipts to be up 4.8 percent and the GDP to swell by 3.5 percent in the third quarter. Combined with low unemployment rates, the franchise industry is expected to continue strong into 2019. As usual, some of the most popular franchise categories are food, coffee, automotive and restaurants. A big catalyst for many trends of 2018 was advancing technology in this digital age. Micro-influencers— online personalities with massive followings on social media, third-party autonomous delivery such as Uber Eats, and electronic ordering through virtual assistants and Artificial Intelligence such as Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home and AI kiosks have been integrated into franchise brands to bring a better experience to shoppers. Serve us service In the service industry, there is a trend of franchisees keeping their main jobs as well as running a franchise in what is called in business a “semi-passive”… Read full this story
- In-game subscriptions could become the next big mobile gaming trend — and I hate it
- UNITS Moving and Portable Storage Celebrates Strong Franchise Growth in 2019
- Want to Get the Best Deal on New Games? Try These 5 Tips!
- How the Special Edition Star Wars Trilogy Changed the Franchise for the Better
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons release date, news and features
- Worst football kits: Sporting Braga’s bizarre new armour kit and 12 even more crazy designs
- Suffocating to serviceable? 49ers’ defense trending in wrong direction
- Sunrise rushing back stars Sam Armytage and David Koch in response to Today’s new line-up
- Saladworks, the Nation’s Originator and the Largest Salad-Centric Franchise Brand, is On-Target for North Carolina Expansion with Three New North Carolina Franchisees
- Gaming’s biggest trends of the past decade
Franchise trends to look out for in the New Year have 323 words, post on thebusinessjournal.com at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.