NETFLIX and the team behind Making A Murderer are being sued for defamation by Manitowoc County cops. Yesterday former police sergeant Andrew Colburn filed a lawsuit against the streaming service, as well as filmmakers Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos, at the Manitowoc County circuit court. He claims that the true crime series wrongfully accused him of framing Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey for Teresa Halbach’s murder, by suggesting he planted evidence at the Avery salvage yard. The lawsuit states: “Neither plaintiff nor any other law enforcement officer planted evidence or in any other way attempted to frame Avery or Dassey for Halbach’s murder. “Despite overwhelming evidence proving Avery and Dassey’s guilt and the utter absence of evidence supporting defendant’s accusations of police misconduct, defendants falsely led viewers to the inescapable conclusion that plaintiff and others planted evidence to frame Avery for Halbach’s murder.” Netflix has declined to comment on the lawsuit, while Ricciardi and Demos have not yet commented, according to The Wrap. Yesterday Avery’s lawyer revealed she is just days away from filing papers that will prove her client’s innocent in the murder case that has gripped the world. Making A Murderer’s second season burst onto Netflix in October,… Read full this story
- New Netflix Series 'Borderliner' Is the Perfect Scandinavian Noir Gateway Drug
- EXCLUSIVE: A changed name, an alleged fraudster dad and a VERY questionable resume: So how did Donald Trump's favorite White House correspondent pass security checks to become the social-distancing-defying briefing-crasher?
- What is Quibi? Shows, movies, price, and everything else you need to know
- Former ‘Proud Boys’ Lawyer Used Nationalist Group in Alleged Plot to Assassinate Rival: Court Docs
- What happened since 'Tiger King' filmed
- Spencon: Inside the collapse of an African construction giant
- Coronavirus live updates: CDC traces one mildly sick person to 13 illnesses, 3 deaths
- Coronavirus live updates: 6.6 million file for unemployment
Netflix sued by Making a Murderer’s Manitowoc County cops after accusing them of planting fake evidence to convict Steven Avery have 309 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 18, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.