If the New England Patriots are able to handle the New York Jets Sunday afternoon at Gillette Stadium — and they will — they’ll officially secure the No. 2 seed in the AFC’s playoff picture and a first-round bye. But based on how the cards have fallen for this team recently, it probably makes more sense to expect them to nab the top seed. Despite back-to-back losses to the Dolphins and Steelers that figured to handicap their playoff positioning, the Chiefs, Texans, and Chargers have done everything in their powers to provide the Patriots the easiest path to the Super Bowl in Atlanta. So, Sunday’s slate of games should not only include a Patriots victory, but also a combination of the following: The Chiefs somehow lose to the lowly Oakland (rest in peace) Raiders at home. The Broncos handle the San Diego (I don’t care) Chargers at Mile High. There also are scenarios where the Pats can fall to the third or fourth seed as well, but fantasies are better left to the side. This week’s picks: Joe Giglio, NJ.com: Jets (+13.5). “The Patriots won’t mess around and lose a bye, but don’t be surprised if Sam Darnold does his… Read full this story
- Who will win Super Bowl LI? ‘Madden NFL 17’ simulation predicts heck of a game
- TECH TREK Russia to Battle Thug Image With Patriotic Video Game
- Experts Predict When Artificial Intelligence Will Exceed Human Performance
- Brightly colored mice and keyboards galore: Patriot unveils gaming peripherals
- AI may beat humans at everything in 45 years, experts predict
- Hurricanes Are Getting Stronger Rapidly, And Experts Predict 2018 Season May Be ‘Above Average’
- Slimy seduction expert slips world's sleaziest game onto Steam
- What Is Patriot's Game?
- ‘Madden 25’ predicts a very, very bad week for the Miami Dolphins
- ‘Madden’ predicts a Thanksgiving bounty of scoring this weekend
What experts are predicting for Sunday’s Patriots-Jets game have 314 words, post on www.boston.com at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.