To Captain America, a Boston native, Tom Brady is the goat. To Paul Pierce, a fellow Boston sports legend, he’s an out of this world talent. To Gisele Bündchen, his wife, the Patriots quarterback is simply “my love.”
Brady led New England to a 37-31 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. The Patriots advanced to Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta, where they will face the Los Angeles Rams as Brady tries to claim his sixth Lombardi Trophy.
The 41-year-old’s athletic peers paid homage to him — and his teammates — in the aftermath of the win. So did plenty of celebrities with local ties, the mayor, and the president.
Here’s a look at some of the reactions to the Patriots’ win:
- Mystery as Brit stewardess, 32, dies on £6 million superyacht as she celebrates England World Cup win
- NFL launches 'Deflategate' probe of Patriots win; could Super Bowl be disrupted?
- Boston holds off Chicago for win
- Phillies fans celebrate ‘amazing night’ after win
- Celebrity girlfriends watch Sens win 4th straight
- Tom Longboat Facts: Google Doodle Celebrates Long-Distance Runner's 131st Birthday
- Vote: Pick the Family Fare High School Athlete of the Week, May 7
- Vote: Pick the Family Fare High School Athlete of the Week, May 21
- Country House wins Kentucky Derby after historic disqualification of Maximum Security
- What Happened To Tamerlan Tsarnaev's Wife, Katherine Russell? Update After 2013 Boston Marathon Bombing