Breaking News Emails Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings. SUBSCRIBE Jan. 18, 2019, 3:52 PM GMT / Updated Jan. 18, 2019, 6:20 PM GMT By Rebecca Shabad WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump and the White House’s revelation that Speaker Nancy Pelosi planned to travel to Afghanistan with other House members put the group in danger and forced them to scrap the trip entirely, Pelosi said Friday. “We had the prerogative to travel commercially, and we made plans to do that until the administration then leaked that we were traveling commercially,” the California Democrat told reporters on Capitol Hill. “We weren’t going to go because we had a report from Afghanistan that the president outing our trip had made the scene on the ground much more dangerous, because it’s just a signal to the bad actors that we were coming.” “You never give advance notice of going into a battle area — you just never do,” she continued. “Perhaps the president’s inexperience didn’t have him understand that protocol. The people around him, though, should have known that, because that’s very dangerous.” After Trump decided to block Pelosi and other lawmakers from… Read full this story
- Nancy Pelosi thumbs her nose at Trump by making photo of their fiery Syria confrontation her Twitter cover image after he claimed she suffered a 'meltdown' and stormed out - as Democrats praise her for standing up to the President
- Pelosi, Trump exchange 'meltdown' barbs over meeting on U.S. policy in Syria
- Pelosi-Trump feud at boiling point after 'meltdown' at White House; Dissension in the 'Squad'?
- 'I think I was excusing myself from the room,' Nancy Pelosi says of THAT photo Donald Trump tweeted from their fiery White House meeting - and hints she wants the audio leaked next
- From IDs in grocery stores to soldiers in Syria: Trump made 129 false claims last week
- Trump made 129 false claims last week
- Trump Rages at Pelosi, Mattis, and Communists During ‘Meltdown’ in White House Meeting
- Someone Had a ‘Meltdown’ at the White House. Pelosi and Trump Just Disagree on Who.
- Nancy Pelosi walks out on Trump 'meltdown' after House Syria rebuke
- Pence, Pompeo in Turkey to push for Syria ceasefire after Trump dismisses crisis
Pelosi: Trump's decision to make lawmakers' Afghanistan trip public 'very dangerous' have 368 words, post on www.nbcnews.com at January 17, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.