The Please Touch Museum’s new exhibit “America to Zanzibar: Muslim Cultures Near and Far” will open Saturday, Feb. 2.There are five major sections of the exhibit, including a global marketplace, immersive 3D replicas of Middle Eastern architecture and mosques and an American home area.The exhibit includes historic artifacts on loan from the Free Library of Philadelphia and the Penn Museum, as well as newly commissioned artwork by Philadelphia-based Muslim artists and home objects from local Muslim families.”America to Zanzibar” was developed by the Children’s Museum of Manhattan, then the Please Touch Museum customized it to reflect Philly’s Muslim communities.”To ensure Please Touch Museum’s approach to customizing the exhibit is authentic and sensitive to Muslim cultural traditions and requirements, a community advisory council made up of more than two dozen local Muslim community leaders was appointed to inform its modification,” states a press release on the exhibit.This is the first project under the museum’s new initiative, which is to represent the diversity of the families and communities in Philly and to address contemporary social issues. The exhibit aims to foster dialogue around diversity and acceptance.It’s designed for children age 2-12 and their families. The exhibit will be open through Labor Day.Saturday, Feb. 2, through Monday, Sept…. Read full this story
- Exhibition on typical cultural heritage of Kon Tum to open in Hanoi
- Can Tho exhibition promotes ethnic cultures
- Museum of Fine Arts opens new exhibition area
- Bonbon City Tour explores history, culture of Hanoi
- New exhibition reveals a Russian doll of history
- Seminar "Designing 3D-Animated Museum and Exhibition"
- Exhibition presents Asian Cultural Heritage
- Exhibition on Catholic culture in contemporary Vietnam opens
- VNMH and Malaysia's National Museum collaborate to open the exhibition "Dong Son culture" in Kuala Lumpur
- Exhibition on Japanese culture opened in Hanoi
Please Touch Museum's new exhibit explores Muslim cultures in Philly and the world have 308 words, post on www.phillyvoice.com at January 30, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.