If the words “summer in Europe” make you think of sky-high hotel prices and hordes of sunburned tourists, it’s time to broaden your horizons. Some truly bucket-list-worthy spots that are best visited in warm weather—from soaring Gothic castles to sunny vineyards—can also be part of a squarely affordable European getaway if you head east … but not too far. While it’s no secret that Eastern Europe is more affordable than Western European hubs like Paris, you might be surprised by the value you can get in Central Europe. Budapest, Vienna, and Prague have as much appeal as over-visited Paris, Rome, and Barcelona—and a lot more value. Affordable Europe in Summer: Hungary, Austria, the Czech Republic Consider favorable Czech and Hungarian exchange rates (they don’t use the Euro), shockingly cheap hotel options, and easy train routes through the region with newly revamped Eurail’s cheaper-than-ever Global Passes for multi-country travel. For the younger crowd, there are under-30 discounts aplenty thanks to the fact that this region actually welcomes tourists: Showing your Eurail pass (which is discounted 23 percent for those under 27, and 10 percent for seniors) gets twentysomethings and seniors discounts at establishments all over Europe. Related: This Tool for Planning… Read full this story
- Book sales surge as self-isolating readers stock up on ‘bucket list’ novels
- The Bucket List is going on hiatus. But we’ll be back with more fried chicken!
- Jimmie Johnson says IndyCar remains on his long-term ‘bucket list’
- Coronavirus will make California’s affordable housing problems worse, experts say
- How Seville transformed itself into the cycling capital of southern Europe
- S.F. supervisors OK affordable housing laws
- Breathe less … or ban cars: cities have radically different responses to pollution
- For the sake of our cities, it's time to make town planning cool again
- AP Interviews: Italian officials make emotional plea to IOC
- Coronavirus: What are the lockdown measures across Europe?
3 Bucket List Cities That Make Summer in Europe Affordable have 322 words, post on www.smartertravel.com at February 15, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.