Hillary Clinton said she “can’t imagine” any circumstance in which she would run for president again in 2020 or beyond.
But the former secretary of state said in the latest episode of Tina Brown’s “TBD” podcast that she won’t stay silent with her criticism of President Donald Trump, who defeated her in the 2016 election.
“I’ve had a terrific experience in public life and in politics. I care deeply about this country and I am very worried about the direction that Trump and his allies are taking us,” said Clinton. “So I will continue to speak out and fight for our basic rights, particularly when it comes to how we treat each other and also the rule of law.”
She added: “There are things that I care deeply about that just because I’m not running, I’m not going to keep my mouth shut. I’m going to keep speaking out.”
Clinton criticized the Trump administration’s “level of inhumanity” over its “most outrageous” policy of separating migrant children from their families at the U.S.-Mexico border.
She noted the challenges facing women running for president next year and warned that deepfake videos posed one of “the biggest threats to democracy.”
Clinton also commented on the souring of her relationship with “cold-blooded” Russian President Vladimir Putin, suggested what Democratic candidates would need to beat Trump in 2020, and admitted being “stunned” by what Brown described as “the jellylike submission of the GOP” to the president.
Check out the full podcast here:
- This article originally appeared on HuffPost.
More from HuffPost US: Elizabeth Warren vows not to hold any high-dollar campaign fundraisers Meghan McCain warns ‘don’t underestimate’ Bernie Sanders: He’s ‘truly formidable’ Trump reportedly workshopping nicknames for 2020 challengers
- Obama sent an aide to talk Biden out running for president in 2016
- 'Better Said Legal': Netizens Reword H. Clinton’s Praise of 'Immigrants & Women'
- 'Soccer never changes, it doesn't matter where you go'
- Hillary Clinton confirms for the first time she is NOT running for president in 2020 – but she’s ‘not going anywhere’
- Michael Cohen to brand Donald Trump a ‘racist conman and cheat’ who KNEW Wikileaks was illegally hacking Hillary Clinton
- Mueller just gave Democrats the key to taking down Trump
- What Jesse taught Bernie about running for president
- Biden set to announce presidential run next week
- Andrew Yang: I'm running for president and everyone deserves $1,000 a month — so I'm putting my money where my mouth is
- Co Down fashion designer Sara Hall: I'm just taking a break until the next chapter
- Baldwin for President? Actor Teases Running, Says Beating Trump ‘So Easy’
- 'I'm losing weight, but I'm never going to lose flavour'
- The long-term effects of going hungry
- Woman can't shut eyes or mouth after doctors 'accidentally remove facial nerves'
- 'I’m just trying to connect to the people who are interested to hear what I’m doing now'
- ‘From now on, I'm going to f*ck them up as well’: F1 star Verstappen in foul-mouthed China GP rant
- 'I'm going to enjoy my pint tonight'
- Ex-Scientology member ‘sexually abused and sent to prison camps with paedos aged just 12’
- Dems Flip Out as Giuliani Says 'Nothing Wrong' With Getting Info 'From Russians'
- Mueller report: 'This is the end of my presidency. I'm f---ed'
Hillary Clinton: 'Just because I’m not running, I’m not going to keep my mouth shut' have 3908 words, post on www.aol.com at February 27, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.