MONTREAL: A Chinese student who was attacked with a stun gun and kidnapped by three men just outside of Toronto has been found safe and sound, Canadian police have said.The young man, who was abducted on Saturday, suffered “minor injuries” and was taken to hospital, police spokesman Andy Pattenden said late Tuesday (Mar 26) at a press conference convened following his recovery.At around 9pm on Tuesday, Wanzhen Lu knocked on the door of a house in Gravenhurst, a town about 200 kilometers (120 miles) north of Toronto, and asked for help, said Pattenden.The homeowner immediately called the police who took Lu to hospital.The reasons for the kidnapping remain unclear, said the spokesman. He also did not comment on how the young man was able to escape.Lu was abducted Saturday night in the parking lot of his apartment in Markham, near Toronto.Lu resisted before being tasered and shoved into the van, which then sped off. The incident was caught on surveillance camera with police later broadcasting the footage as they sought help with his recovery.A 35-year-old suspect was arrested Tuesday morning but was released the same day without being charged.Pattenden said police still had four suspects who remain at large.The van used… Read full this story
- Jury selection starts Monday in missing Chinese scholar case
- 2 children and mother taken at gunpoint in Houston found safe
- Aces of chases: On track with the police pursuit school
- Goose Creek student taken into custody after social media threat
- Can Gran Turismo Sport Help Teach Police Drivers to Drive Better?
- Missing 9-year-old girl from west Harris County found safe
- A Super Bowl champ and a former Cowboy said their kids experienced racism at Carroll
- James Harden sets another NBA record with 50-point triple-double
- SIAM marks the 5th United Nations Global Road Safety Week
- The Life and Tragic Death of Racer Steve Bovan
Chinese student kidnapped in Canada found safe: Police have 307 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at March 27, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.