An award-winning Nottingham escape room is looking for an “outgoing, fun and confident” individual to join their team as a paid Games Master.
Opened in part of the city’s historic network of sandstone caves last June, the Bram Stoker-inspired escape room, entitled Carfax, has been a huge hit with players and now the complex is preparing to open a new room this spring – with a further three already in the planning stages.
With the expansion bosses are looking for a new Games Master, working mostly evenings and weekends over a 20 hour week.
The salary will be £8.50 and hour with duties including preparing games, ensuring that all props and puzzles are reset accurately, greeting players, answering any questions and giving the pre and post game briefing in a fun and entertaining way.
There will also be the chance to be facilitating games from the control room, contributing to social media, taking end-game photos and posting across platforms.
The successful candidate will need to complete light cleaning duties including vacuuming, polishing, dusting, cleaning customer toilets and emptying bins.
Essential skills and qualities include an understanding of running live public events such as concerts as well as an understanding of escape games as a concept.
Extra skills that would be “appreciated” include DIY skills, experience in character role play or acting, experience in puzzle writing, set and prop building and in painting and decorating.
To apply visit the official Cave Escapes Facebook page.
The closing date is at 5pm on Friday, April 5.
EVENTS IN NOTTINGHAM
Get the most important news straight in your inbox before 9am every day – sign up to Nottinghamshire Live’s newsletter. No complicated forms to fill out, just enter your email address in the black box at the top of this page.
- All hail Halo - Xbox’s master game
- The sometimes fatal attraction of video games
- The 25 hardest video games of all time
- Get real! Behind the scenes of Red Dead Redemption 2 – the most realistic video game ever made
- Brexit, the Beast from the East and plenty of bouncing Royal babies: As the decade draws to a close, MailOnline looks back on ten years marked by political turmoil, extreme weather and the Queen's acting debut at the Olympics
- The month in games: PlayStation Virtual Reality is almost here
- Apple Arcade: The full list of games for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and iPod Touch (updated)
- Young employees turning to niche jobs
- The 50 Best iPhone Games
- PS Plus free PlayStation 4 games for October 2018
- Spyro the dragon is back and looking more fly than ever
- Control video game review: Paranormal thriller will be a new obsession
- P.T. is more than a teaser - it's a great game in its own right
- 9 Best iMessage Games and How to Play Them With Your Friends
- IBM offers rare glimpse into Baton Rouge center, says it is seeing 'significant growth' in jobs
- 10 Cool Cars to Beat the Heat
- Guidemaster: The best gaming headsets for your console or gaming rig
- Ali Smith: 'He looked like the finest man who ever lived'
- Tomb of Eilram walkthrough [Video] - fastest way to complete and escape the Tomb of Eilram in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Farewell to a decade: The 10 best escape TV shows of the last 10 years
Cool job alert! Nottingham escape room is looking for paid Games Master have 548 words, post on www.nottinghampost.com at March 20, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.