BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — An 84-year-old pole vaulter isn’t putting her pole down anytime soon. Flo Filion Meiler left Thursday for the World Masters Athletics Championship Indoor in Poland, where she’ll compete in events including the long jump, 60-meter hurdles, 800-meter run, pentathlon and pole vault, for which she’s the shoo-in. The petite, energetic woman from Shelburne, Vermont, said she feels more like 70 than nearly 85. “But you know, I do train five days a week. And when I found out I was going to compete at the worlds, I’ve been training six days a week because I knew I would really get my body in shape,” she said last week, after track and field training at the University of Vermont. But she literally won’t have any competition in the pole vault in the championships, which runs March 24-31 in Torun, Poland. She is the only one registered in her age group, 80-84, for the sport, for which she set a world record at age 80. In the men’s pole vault, nine men are listed as competing in that age group. Meiler said the events she likes best are the hurdles and the pole vault — one of the… Read full this story
- LIMCAF sets another record in art devt
- Number of new firms in 2019 sets new record
- As Ja'Marr Chase and Justin Jefferson set LSU records: 'We're going to keep dancing'
- Year Ender 2019: Bengal Warriors lift maiden Pro Kabaddi title; Pawan Sehrawat, Naveen, Pardeep Narwal set new records
- Prati Roju Pandage Box Office Collections (Day 13): Sets A Record!
- Johnny Gargano and Adam Cole Set New Records With NXT Year-End Awards
- Wisconsin city sets the record straight over ban on snowball fights
- Gun Rights Advocate Graham Allen Sets The Record Straight On The NRA Convention
- Astronaut Christina Koch setting new record for longest single space flight by a woman
- Peter Wright sets sights on No 1 after dethroning Michael van Gerwen
Pole vaulter, 84, sets her sights on more records have 326 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at March 21, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.