The owners of Just/Us, the downtown St. Paul restaurant that opened a year ago and serves prix fixe meals with the courses divided among chefs on staff, announced they are closing amid new ownership of the building where the restaurant is housed.
On the restaurant’s Facebook page (justusmnrestaurant), owners say they have decided to close in solidarity with the building’s residential tenants who will be displaced and because rent will be raised five times as much as what it is currently. The restaurant’s last day will be Wednesday, March 20.
“The building we are located in (includes our space + the Viking Apartments) was recently purchased by a development company that plans to remodel the units above us,” the post says. “These are our neighbors, we’ve grown to love and respect these people. Our hearts break for them during this time. … And in good consciousness, we stand in solidarity with our neighbors. If they go, we go too.
However, it looks like the Just/Us team might pop up somewhere else. “Stay tuned for what comes next! The just/us crew has some things in the works and we can’t wait to fill you in,” the post continues.
Just/Us opened in March 2018 on the corner of West Seventh and Wabasha streets in the space previously housed by Red Lantern sushi and ramen restaurant.
- New Transit Line For St Paul
- St Thomas Restaurants and Choices While on Vacation
- New Developments In Arizona - Which One's Right For You?
- Individual Career Development Plan - Have You Mapped Out Your Individual Career Development Plan?
- Career Development Planning - The Road to Career Development and Planning a Comprehensive Approach
- Personal Development Plans - Can They Help You Achieve Your Goals
- Why Software Development Planning Is So Important
- Content Development Plan - You Cannot Do Without
- New Developments In Boston
- Public Relations for New Developments