SRINAGAR, India (AP) — The Latest on the tensions between India and Pakistan (all times local):10 a.m.A Pakistani government official says Indian troops with heavy weapons have “indiscriminately targeted border villagers” along the two countries’ Line of Control in the Himalayan region of Kashmir, killing a boy and wounding three others.The official, Umar Azam, said Saturday that Pakistani troops are “befittingly” responding to the Indian fire.He says several homes were destroyed in Pakistan’s part of Kashmir, which is split between them and claimed by both in its entirety. India said earlier that Pakistani fire killed two siblings and their mother on its side.Pakistan and India have fought two of their three wars over Kashmir since their independence from British rule in 1947.Saturday’s exchange of fire came a day after Pakistan handed over a captured Indian air force pilot to India as a “gesture of peace” to defuse tensions between the nuclear-armed neighbors over the disputed Kashmir region.9:45 a.m.Officials say two siblings and their mother have been killed in cross-border shelling between Indian and Pakistani soldiers in disputed Kashmir.Indian police say the three died overnight after a shell fired by Pakistani soldiers hit their home in Poonch region near the so-called… Read full this story
- Indian troops kill rebel commander in Kashmir's main city
- Indian forces kill Kashmir rebel leader
- Manhunt on in Pakistan for suspect in killing of 2 cousins
- Pakistan summons Indian diplomat for third time this week over 'ceasefire violations'
- Pakistan Says India Wants to Team Up to Fight Locusts
- ‘Mayday, Mayday,’ says pilot moments before Pakistan plane crash that killed at least 82
- Pakistan summons Indian diplomat, registers protest over ceasefire violations
- Survivor recalls final moments of Pakistan plane crash that killed 97: "I heard people crying, children crying"
- India-Pakistan nuclear war may kill up to 125 million people: Study
- Baton Rouge man who ran over, killed boy during police chase convicted on drug, weapons charges
The Latest: Pakistan Says Indian Shelling Kills Boy; 3 Hurt have 330 words, post on www.newsmax.com at March 1, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.