1. Stan and deliver: The death of Stan Lee in November hit every Marvel fan hard, and on Friday at WonderCon, his presence was missed – or it was until a 9-year-old showed up in cosplay as the dearly departed 95-year-old creator of such characters as Spider-Man and the X-Men. “It was a couple of months ago,” said Jake Bishop, a third-grader from Garden Grove, of his decision to cosplay as Lee. “He died, so I thought, ‘That’s a way to make people happy.’” And, boy oh boy, were people happy as Jake made a splash during a Marvel cosplay meet-up outside the Anaheim Convention Center. With his hair slicked back and dyed gray for the day, and a trim gray mustache glued onto his upper lip, Jake was a tiny spitting image of the late Lee, from his aviator sunglass and green V-neck sweater to his cartooning pen and an Infinity Gauntlet. Jake Bishop, 9, dresses as Stan Lee, chats with Tristan Maza, dressed as Spider-Man outside WonderCon in Anaheim, CA, on Friday, March 29, 2019. (Photo by Jeff Gritchen, Orange County Register/SCNG) Kelsey Endter, left, and Courtney Baze, dressed as Captain Marvel, during a Marvel meet-up outside WonderCon… Read full this story
- You Do Not Want to Mess With This 7-Year-Old Bruce Lee Clone
- Wilson gets results she wanted on opening day at Galgorm
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: Stan Lee Cancels Due To Laryngitis
- U.S. Open 2019: Is the hype healthy for 15-year-old Coco Gauff?
- A's sign 8-year-old for a day through Make-A-Wish Foundation
- 17-year-old American Caty McNally reaches Citi Open quarters
- Rafael Nadal at the 2019 US Open: Preview and Prediction
- 15-year-old Cori Gauff drawn against Venus Williams at Wimbledon
- Serena Williams tops 17-year-old Caty McNally at U.S. Open
- Windows 8: Already mastered by a 3-year-old
WonderCon 2019: 5 awesome opening day moments, from 9-year-old Stan Lee to the X-Men sneak peek and more have 300 words, post on www.dailynews.com at March 29, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.