Photo courtesy of the Belarusian Embassy in Armenia
MINSK, 16 April (BelTA) – Belarus and Armenia have outlined steps to step up trade and economic cooperation. The status and prospects of bilateral cooperation were discussed during a meeting between Belarusian Ambassador to Armenia Igor Nazaruk and Armenia Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan, BelTA learned from the Belarusian Embassy.
“The parties discussed topical issues of bilateral cooperation in politics, trade, economy and humanitarian affairs, cooperation in the integration organizations. The parties exchanged views on regional security and also analyzed the status and prospects for promoting the Belarusian-Armenian trade and economic cooperation,” the embassy said.
For example, Igor Nazaruk and Nikol Pashinyan had a substantive discussion about industrial cooperation, joint projects, transport and agriculture, cooperation in high technologies and also personnel training and retraining. “The parties outlined steps to step up cooperation in those areas,” the embassy stressed.
The opening of the Armenian-Belarusian trading house Ar-Be in the center of Yerevan in April can be cited as an example of successful cooperation in trade and economy. Igor Nazaruk believes that the opening of another store selling exclusively Belarusian products will help citizens of Armenia learn more about the economic potential of Belarus, which will contribute to the development of bilateral relations between the two countries.
The meeting with the Armenian prime minister was organized on the initiative of the Belarusian side. The parties discussed the preparations for the Days of Belarusian Culture in Armenia in May 2019 and the participation of Armenia’s high-ranking officials in the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2nd European Games in Minsk.
- NC State outlines steps taken in federal hoops investigation
- Guerin Emig: Rice Commission report a wobbly first step toward college basketball reform
- 'A necessary step': VCU, UR athletic directors applaud college basketball reform proposals
- Clarkson: Tying flies wrapped up brothers in fly fishing
- Adam Gase’s 12 Steps to Rehabilitating the Dolphins: Step 11
- Eight struggling players that need to step up in NBA Playoffs
- GAA to step in over disallowed county training camps
- UConn center to play for Armenia despite no ties to nation
- Echoing Trump, Elizabeth Warren Pledges a Platform of ‘Economic Patriotism’
- Belarus completes surprise win over Netherlands in Fed Cup