POLK COUNTY, Fla. — A manhunt came to an end on Sunday after police spent the weekend searching for a Haines City man they say shot and killed two women and a child.
Ernst Cherizard, 38, turned himself into police around 2 p.m. Detectives are attempting to interview him.
Haines City Police say two women came to an apartment complex on Citrus Ridge Court a little before 7:30 p.m. on Friday to check on their relative, 23-year-old Eli Normil.
When they arrived Normil’s boyfriend, Ernst, told them she wasn’t home. A short time later, one of the two women, 48-year-old Nicole Guillume, came back to the apartment to confront Cherizard.
That’s when police say Cherizard shot Guillume.
Officers arrived on scene and found Normil dead and 6-year-old Elizabelle Frenel suffering from multiple gunshot wounds inside the apartment.
The young girl was shot three times, once in the head, police say. She was transported to an area hospital where she was on life support, but police say she died from her injuries Saturday night.
Police say Guillume was Normil’s aunt. Normil and Cherizard were in a relationship and have two children together, but police say Elizabelle is not Cherizard’s daughter.
“It’s disgusting to say the least,” said Haines City Police Chief James Elensky. “I can’t say what I’d like to say about. Not much of a man there.”
Haines City Police say Cherizard left the scene in a burgundy 2011 Nissan Altima with Florida tag GZN C82. Police say the vehicle was last seen passing the Boyton Beach toll plaza shortly after midnight.
Early Saturday morning police the suspect took to Facebook to apologize to his children in a lengthy post.
“Daddy is so sorry with all my heart cuz I can’t believe this happened,” police say Cherizard wrote in part.
Haines City Police Chief had this to say of the suspect’s Facebook post.
“Despite his remorse, make no mistake about it this man is a monster. To consciously shoot three innocent, unarmed females is nothing less than being a coward. To shoot a truly innocent 6-year-old child is disgusting and beyond comprehension. Moreover, he shot the child at least three times, once being in the head. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and the first responders who did everything they could at the scene. They also must live with this tragedy.”
Family members have set up this GoFundMe account to help pay for the victim’s funeral costs.
- Frankford Double Shooting Leaves 22-Year-Old-Man Fighting For Life: Philadelphia Police
- Lowell Man Arrested After Leaving Scene Of Fiery Crash In NH
- Speeding car leaves 4-year-old boy dead in Panchkula
- Man who handed gun to 15-year-old arrested after son shot
- Police arrest 4 in random shootings that left 1 woman dead
- Cedar Rapids police: Man arrested in death of pregnant woman
- 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested In Deadly Stowe Township Shooting
- 13-year-old arrested in fatal shooting of man in Burien
- Police arrest three, including man and woman in their 60s over murder of 32 year old sex worker who has been missing since December
- Man, 22, confesses to family member of killing his 8-year-old cousin as autopsy reveals the helpless girl was raped, beaten and burned, police say
- Detectives quiz murder suspect, 42 after 79-year-old man is found dead with head injury in north London
- 'I died for two minutes': Healthy 12-year-old Louisiana girl's heart stopped after she became one of the first children in the US to develop a rare life-threatening inflammatory syndrome linked to coronavirus
- 70-year-old shopkeeper, his family attacked in Ludhiana village
- Pensioner, 90, is amazed to see herself as a 14 year old in photograph used for new VE day commemorative stamp
- Burns FRIGHT! Mother's shock as five-year-old daughter draws suspicious-looking thistle for her teacher after learning about iconic Scottish poet in school
- 16-year-old arrested in fatal shooting after argument
- Gunman, 43, slaughters five relatives as young as 14 - but spares three-year-old child who was found amid the carnage by police in Milwaukee home as distraught family and neighbors break down outside
- I didn't have sex in the city (or anywhere else) for five years! SATC creator Candace Bushnell reveals her husband was stolen by a 'very determined, beautiful 23-year-old'
- Kentucky man, 63, shoots dead his wife, 60, then kills himself - as authorities say it highlights a rise in domestic violence amid lockdowns
- Ilford stabbing: Man arrested over stabbed toddler and three-year-old
Haines City man arrested after shooting leaves two women and 6-year-old dead have 725 words, post on www.abcactionnews.com at April 13, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.