Infiniti has announced that it will manufacture the first of its new-generation electrified vehicles in China.
In a press release regarding the eye-catching Qs Inspiration sports sedan concept that’s made its debut at the Shanghai Auto Show, the car manufacturer said that not only will its new electrified vehicles be built in the People’s Republic, but they will initially be sold exclusively in the booming market.
“China has the most growth potential for electric vehicles globally, especially in the premium segment,” Infiniti chairman Christian Meunier said. “The age of electrification presents us with an opportunity to renew our credentials as an innovative challenger brand, ready to move quickly and decisively in this growing and exciting area of the market.”
Infiniti, as well as Nissan, intend on introducing six new electric vehicles over the next four years. Of these, two will be up-scale Infiniti models, while the remaining four will be Nissans. Details about what forms these vehicles will take are not clear, but we know Infiniti wants more than 50 per cent of its global sales by 2025 to be made up of electrified models. It also plans to triple its sales in China over the next five years, hence the decision to start building its new electric vehicles there.
Future Infiniti EVs will be underpinned by a bespoke architecture built in China, and at least one of the models using this platform will feature a hybrid system incorporating a VC-Turbo four-cylinder with power sent through all four wheels. The Japanese luxury brand has previously stated that it wants to launch its first electric vehicle in 2021.
- Satra Group: New Age, New Stature
- Germany's Volkswagen plans new China car plant
- World's carmakers woo China despite slowing sales
- Information about Bauma China 2008 for Vietnam Businesses
- GM Thanks Customers for 500 Million Vehicles Milestone
- "No one wants to choose between the United States and China"
- Hyundai to build fourth China plant
- Con-Build Vietnam 2008: For Building Strategic Markets, Broadening Growth Potentials
- New Machinery Alternatives for Vietnam's Constructors
- Vietnam plans to build national automobile centre
- GM opens China test track in effort to remain market leader
- New Year stampede kills 36 in Shanghai
- Beijing's smog police outgunned in China's war on pollution
- China sets 2019 deadline for automakers to meet green-car sales targets
- China, Southeast Asia aim to build trust with sea drills, Singapore says
- Philippines foils 'anti-China' bombing plot
- Volkswagen to recall almost 385,000 China vehicles
- BMW to build its largest factory in the US: Lessons for Vietnam's Automobile Industry
- 11 South Korean, Chinese children die in China bus crash
- Vehicle-use fees pave way for improved road conditions
Infiniti To Build Its First New-Age Electrified Vehicles In China have 413 words, post on www.carscoops.com at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.