More than 400 firefighters are trying to save the historic Notre Dame Cathedral, but the 855-year-old building may be beyond repair, the French Interior Ministry said.Firefighters have spent at least three hours battling the flames that have engulfed the Paris church. A Notre Dame spokesman told French media that the fire spread throughout entire wooden frame of the cathedral and would likely come down. “Nothing will remain from the frame,” spokesman Andre Finot said.Videos on social media captured the blaze as it ripped through the roof of the French Gothic cathedral and collapsed the spire. The fire has spread to one of the landmark rectangular towers, according to Bloomberg. Notre Dame Cathedral fire: Photos, videos show massive blaze at iconic Paris church An estimated 13 million people visit the cathedral each year. The Interior Ministry said it used all means to put out the fire except for water-bombing aircrafts. Officials said doing so could actually cause the entire structure to collapse.The fire may be connected to the recent restoration of the church, which is more than 855 years old, The Associated Press reported. The statues of the apostles were removed last week for restoration.Now first responders are trying to salvage… Read full this story
- Notre Dame fire: What was lost, what was saved, what we don't know
- Hope from the ashes in our special report ‘Saving Notre Dame'
- The Notre-Dame fire’s ashes could be used to 3D-print its new gargoyles
- The Latest: Notre Dame stabilized, firefighters to withdraw
- Donations to help rebuild the Notre Dame Cathedral are already pouring in, and one French billionaire pledged $113 million
- France and the world reacts after Notre Dame Cathedral fire
- Notre Dame cathedral: Why is it considered a historical and cultural gem?
- Billionaires and businesses pledge donations for Notre Dame repairs
- Paris prays for Notre-Dame's speedy restoration at Easter mass
- Why using a water-bombing aircraft could not be used to save Notre Dame
Notre Dame on fire: French Interior Ministry says Firefighters might not be able to save Paris cathedral have 313 words, post on www.masslive.com at April 15, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.