Press play to listen to this article By JACK BLANCHARD PRESENTED BY PEOPLE’S POSTCODE LOTTERY Send tips here | Subscribe for free | Listen to Playbook and view in your browser Good Tuesday morning. DRIVING THE DAY PAIN IN THE NEC: The Labour Party’s most senior figures will gather at their Southside HQ this morning to thrash out the party’s position on a second EU referendum. Labour’s national executive committee (NEC) is due to meet at 11 a.m. to agree a draft manifesto for next month’s European Parliament election. The only question that matters is how the party’s carefully nuanced/ludicrously fudged (delete as appropriate) position on a second referendum is going to be worded, amid a long-running power struggle between pro-Remain Labour figures and their Euroskeptic leader Jeremy Corbyn. Get ready for a long and angry meeting today, followed by some hearty briefing and counter-briefing from either side — and then a large dollop of Brexit fudge served up at the end. Heard it all before: The widespread expectation is that despite the best efforts of pro-referendum voices such as the party’s deputy leader Tom Watson, MEP Richard Corbett and one or two senior trade unionists, a compromise deal will eventually… Read full this story
- London Fashion Week: Here's what happened
- LONDON: Home to fashion and textile innovation this month
- Duchess dazzles in traditional kurta! Kate Middleton dons royal blue outfit from local designer as she and Prince William visit Islamabad school during the first full day of their Pakistan tour
- London Fashion Week: How you’ll dress for the next decade
- European rebrand, political thrillers and Brexit plans
- Will Gompertz resurrects Turner for a tour of the art prize in his name ★★★★☆
- Who is Bryan Adams and why is he Coming to Budapest?
- The rare gifts of Peter Doig
- Laura Kuenssberg did her job. Leave her alone
- Juncker hails EURACTIV.bg launch as ‘important day’ for Bulgaria
POLITICO London Playbook, presented by People’s Postcode Lottery: Pain in the NEC — Brexit chink of light? — Hunt on tour have 316 words, post on www.politico.eu at April 30, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.