A lot of millennials move to the San Diego metro area, but it is not the top destination for America’s largest working generation.Madison, Wisconsin, had the largest percentage of millennials move to the region in 2017 at 75 percent, said a new study from the National Association of Realtors. The San Diego metro area had around 67.1 percent move to the area, said 2017 Census data analyzed by the association, making it the No. 13 destination for millennials out of 100 metros. San Diego metro still had one of the highest percentages of millennials in the nation — 27 percent — above the national average and bigger than most of the top destinations. Yet, the data showed top regions millennials move to, in addition to Madison, were New Haven (Connecticut), Grand Rapids (Michigan), Syracuse (New York), Richmond (New York), Honolulu and Los Angeles. “We see that millennials are moving to areas with strong employment and wage growth,” said NAR economist Nadia Evangelou. Getting millennials to move to San Diego has been a concern of business leaders who are struggling to fill highly skilled jobs. The San Diego Regional Economic Development Corp. launched a campaign last year to attract workers, many… Read full this story
- The Most Amazing (and Hard to Get) Toys and Collectibles at San Diego Comic-Con 2017
- Capsule preview of San Jose State-San Diego State game
- Watch: ‘Madden 19’ still has Chargers playing in San Diego?
- No. 13 Stanford ready to open season against San Diego State
- Kellen Winslow II arrested again in San Diego
- Report: Ex-NFL exec Eric Grubman exploring moving a current NFL team to San Diego
- Landon Donovan wants to bring MLS team to San Diego
- Bryce Love bottled up but No. 13 Stanford still runs past San Diego State
- Clayton Kershaw has completely owned the San Diego Padres recently
- Kawhi Leonard, Gregg Popovich meet in San Diego
San Diego popular with millennials? Not so much, study shows have 307 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at April 25, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.