Tiger Woods made history Sunday by winning the 2019 Masters. It was the golfer’s first major victory in 11 years and his first championship at Augusta in 14 years.
What does that mean for one of the greatest golfers of all time? With Woods getting over the hump that he’s been trying to hurdle for more than a decade, it’s believed that he has a real chance to at least make a run at Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 major wins.
The early betting odds favor Woods to win the next major tournament on the calendar. Woods has 9/1 odds to win the 2019 US Open, which is slated to begin on June 13 at Pebble Beach.
Woods is just ahead of Dustin Johnson, who has 10/1 U.S. Open odds, via BetOnline. Rory McIlroy is next at 12/1 and Brooks Koepka is after him with 14/1 odds.
Woods is among the early favorites in every major tournament remaining this year. McIlroy is the Open Championship favorite with 9/1 odds, but Woods is right behind him at 10/1.
For the PGA Championship later this summer, Woods and Johnson are both tied with 9/1 odds. McIlroy and Justin Thomas are right behind them at 12/1.
Technically, Woods has a chance to match Nicklaus’ mark this year by completing the Grand Slam because of his 15 career majors. That, of course, would take a minor miracle, and he’s given just 100/1 odds to win the U.S. Open, British Open and PGA Championship after his Masters’ victory.
The odds of Woods winning just one more major championship are much greater. He’s got 11/4 odds to win one of the three remaining majors in 2019.
Woods is given 20/1 odds to win exactly three majors this year.
Tiger Woods won the Masters Tournament to claim his 15th major championship. In this picture, Woods of the United States reacts on the 17th green during the first round of The Players Championship on the Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, March 14, 2019. Photo: Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images
- Golf: Discovery, GOLFTV bring Season 2 of exclusive series 'My Game: Tiger Woods'
- Tune in: Tiger Woods is coming to the Ozarks as his first public golf course opens
- FedExCup: Tiger Woods feels tougher course will boost chances of Tour Championship berth
- Tiger Woods found tough test at Olympia Fields good preparation for US Open
- Is Tiger Woods playing golf this week and what TV channel is he on?
- Brady, Manning joining in Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson rematch
- Rahm denies Johnson back-to-back titles with stunning 66-foot putt to win BMW Championship play-off
- Tiger backs decision to go ahead with BMW Championship
- Tiger commits to BMW Championship as Woods prepares for Northern Trust
- English continues surge with early lead in FedEx Cup opener
- Johnson dominates to win Northern Trust by 11 strokes
- US OPEN ’19: Coco Gauff, 15, part of crop of young Americans
- Sports news feed: Djokovic disqualified from US Open after hitting line judge with ball
- Sports news feed: Mick Schumacher wins first F2 feature race
- Greyhound Racing: Best bets for opening heats of Ladbrokes Gold Cup at Monmore
- Sports news feed: Alexander Zverev through in US Open despite coronavirus confusion
- Andy Murray's US Open success conquers British hearts
- Báez homers twice, Cubs top Tigers 9-3 for 11,000th victory
- Emily Kristine Pedersen lands second LET win after four-shot victory at Czech Open
- Jon Rahm savours memorable play-off win over Dustin Johnson in Chicago
Tiger Woods’ Betting Odds: Chances Golfer Wins 2019 US Open, More Majors After Masters Victory have 570 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at April 15, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.