Don’t be that obnoxious, sunburned, and disrespectful tourist that everyone makes fun of. Avoid making these seven common mistakes the next time you travel to the Caribbean. Swim with Dolphins Yes, a photo with Flipper would be adorable. Until you learn the truth behind swimming with dolphins, and then it’s just a sad memento. A joint report released by The Humane Society of the United States and the World Society for the Protection of Animals strongly condemns keeping marine mammals in captivity. Even places that bill themselves as rehabilitation centers for stranded whales and dolphins aren’t as good for the animals as they seem. The report states: “Public display facilities often promote themselves as stranding and research centers. In fact, most stranded marine mammals, especially whales and dolphins, die after they are rescued; few survive rehabilitation to be released to the wild; many releases are not monitored for success; and some animals, despite their suitability for release, are retained for public display…. “With any marine mammal exhibit, the needs of the visiting public come before the needs of the animals. Enclosures are designed to make the animals readily visible, not necessarily comfortable. Human-dolphin interactions such as swim-with-the-dolphins encounters and so-called… Read full this story
- Caribbean for kids: Michelle Heaton's family trip to Jamaica is a real Sesame treat!
- Spain denies Hugo Carvajal extradition request
- Things you could buy with £150 million Euromillions jackpot
- 22 things you should never say to someone from Newcastle
- The things you can do to celebrate Black History Month in Cambs
- The Cuban holiday revolution: It’s still got its crazy charm, but visitors are discovering a new side to the Caribbean island... luxury!
- Contactless payment could be next big thing in Viet Nam: experts
- Contactless payment could be next big thing in Việt Nam: experts
- Contactless payment could be next big thing in Vietnam: experts
- A Caribbean Mystery Catches Trump’s Eye
7 Things You Should Never Do in the Caribbean have 325 words, post on www.smartertravel.com at May 21, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.