FILE – In this May 9, 2011 file photo, EU flags fly outside the European Commission headquarters in Brussels. Disinformation has evolved beyond the playbook used by Russian trolls in the U.S. election. As the European Union gears up for a crucial election, it is domestic groups rather than foreign powers that are taking to social media to push false information and extremist messages, experts say. (AP Photo/Yves Logghe, File) THE HAGUE, Netherlands – Dutch polls have opened in elections for the European Parliament, starting four days of voting across the 28-nation bloc that pits supporters of deeper integration against populist Euroskeptics who want more power for their national governments. A half hour after voting started in the Netherlands, polls open across the United Kingdom, the only other country voting Thursday, and a nation still wrestling with its plans to leave the European Union altogether and the leadership of embattled Prime Minister Theresa May. The elections, which end Sunday night, come as support is surging for populists and nationalists who want to rein in the EU’s powers, while traditional powerhouses like France and Germany insist that unity is the best buffer against the shifting economic and security interests of an… Read full this story
- Brexit DELAY fears surge as parties prepare to FIGHT European elections
- Salvini’s RAGE sees Italy leader form far-right alliance ahead of European elections
- Ajax: Dutch club opens 'School of the Future'
- Why might the UK have to take part in European elections this May?
- Macron ally who mocked Brexit with cat gag to lead France's European elections campaign
- Polls open in Ukraine's presidential election
- Russia in EU THREAT: Hackers will causes major disruption to European elections
- Miami Open ATP day two results: Federer and Djokovic learn second round opponents
- Miami Open WTA day two results: Williams, Konta and Andreescu reach second round
- Britain faces barista crisis as four coffee shops open every day
Dutch polls open, kicking off 4 days of European elections have 321 words, post on www.foxnews.com at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.