Gary Lineker admits Liverpool have the edge over Tottenham ahead of the Champions League final.
The Premier League rivals locks horns in Madrid on June 1 after thrilling semi-final comebacks.
Liverpool overturned a 3-0 first-leg deficit to beat Barcelona while Spurs also recovered from a three-goal deficit to stun Ajax after Lucas Moura’s last-gasp strike.
“Overall, team against team, (Liverpool) have got the better players,” Lineker told The Times. “They finished 20-odd points ahead of Tottenham this season so it’s hard to make a case where Tottenham are favourites.
“But, as we know in football, the best teams don’t always win, which is one of the things that makes it so special.”
Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool narrowly missed out on the Premier League title after a thrilling battle with Manchester City .
Tottenham have also already qualified for next season’s Champions League after finishing in the top four by the skin of their teeth.
Lineker added: “Klopp is a massively enthusiastic, passionate man. This Liverpool side very much reflects his personality — very dynamic, great energy.
“He’s clearly very intelligent, and he’s a brilliant football man who shows his passion.
“(Pochettino) is… clearly one of the best managers in world football, but (Spurs) do need investment, he’s said that to me himself. He needs to be backed and I suspect if he’s not backed they’ll find it quite difficult to keep hold of him.”
Mirror Football’s Top Stories
- Barcelona vs. Juventus: 25 facts to get you in the mood for the Champions League final
- Jurgen Klopp talks Liverpool ‘dream’ ahead of Champions League tie - Fans will LOVE this
- How City could have already dented United's Champions League chances
- Champions League Team of the Week: Gnabry, Suarez and Salah make XI – No Messi or Ronaldo
- Liverpool news: Porto star Pepe sends Champions League threat, makes Real Madrid claim
- French Police Investigate Whether PSG's Champions League Blowout Of Red Star Was Fixed
- Ajax vs Juventus | Champions League preview
- Barcelona vs Manchester United live stream: how to watch today's Champions League online from anywhere
- Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham's Champions League clash with Man City biggest of his life
- Liverpool star Virgil van Dijk makes ‘revenge’ claim ahead of Porto Champions League clash
- Will Jets' Revis hold out? Will Favre return? Gary Myers makes his preseason predictions
- Banneker High's Gary Forbes makes NBA debut with Nuggets at Madison Square Garden against Knicks
- The Run In: Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher predict Premier League title race
- Can in-form Leicester win at Liverpool? Lawro's predictions v Michael Johnson
- Michael Owen predicts shock Man Utd vs AZ Alkmaar result for one strange reason
- Celtic team news: Predicted 4-2-3-1 line up vs Cluj – Lennon give triple injury boost
- Premier League Votes To Force-Feed Fans Steaming Piles Of VAR Next Season
- Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville disagree on whether Liverpool or Man City will win title
- National League Central Preview
- Charlie Nicholas' European predictions: How will Spurs v Man City finish?
Gary Lineker makes Champions League final prediction have 484 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 17, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.