JAMES Corden delighted fans when he revealed that Gavin & Stacey would be returning to our screens almost ten years after its last episode.
He may be a big star across the Pond with his The Late Late Show but that hasn’t stopped him from returning to his roots in the much loved sitcom . Here’s the lowdown…
Is James returning to Gavin and Stacey?
The telly star sent fans wild when he tweeted a picture of a Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special 2019 script on a table.
He wrote: “Ruth Jones and I have been keeping this secret for a while…We’re excited to share it with you.
“See you on Christmas Day @BBCOne #GavinandStacey.”
In a statement, the pair said: "Over the last ten years we've talked a lot about Gavin and Stacey – where they might be today and what their lives might look like.
“And so in secret we took the plunge and wrote this one hour special. We've loved revisiting Barry and Essex again and bringing the characters back together has been a joy.
“We're so excited to get the chance to work with our fabulous cast and crew once more and to give fans of the show a festive treat this Christmas. Thank you BBC for helping to make this happen."
And Ruth and James' co-star Rob Brydon told The Sun he believed there could be room for a one-off special.
He explained: "If James and Ruth want to do it then I think we'd all do it.
"It's them really. I think it's a real balance between, ‘let's leave it on a high, people love it,’ but there's also a big feeling of, ‘oh it would be so lovely to get back together and do a special."
Who is James Corden, how old is he and what is his background?
James Corden is a 40-year-old British actor and presenter, now best-known for hosting The Late Late Show With James Corden in the States.
Born in Hillingdon, the West Ham supporter started out as a stage actor with parts in musicals, before bagging his first TV role in Boyz Unlimited in 1999.
He also started getting film work and starred in two Tango adverts, but he became a household name through the TV series Fat Friends, which ran from 2000 to 2005.
Then he bagged a role in the Alan Bennett play The History Boys, which was a huge hit and was turned into a movie, also starring Corden.
But major success came when the joker wrote the sitcom Gavin And Stacey with Ruth Jones, and created his alter-ego Smithy which proved hugely popular.
The Red Nose Day skit he did as Smithy with George Michael, involving them singing in a car, went on to inspire his Late Late Show segment Carpool Karaoke .
But before that, the success of Gavin And Stacey spawned another comedy show, written by Corden and Mathew Baynton, called The Wrong Mans.
Corden has also presented the Brits four times, starred in stage hit One Man Two Guv’nors, fronted Sky One sports show A League Of Their Own and appeared in movies including Into The Woods and Lesbian Vampire Killers.
As well as hosting the 2018 Grammy awards .
James lived with his History Boys co-star Dominic Cooper for several years, and he had a relationship with Sheridan Smith until 2009.
When did James Corden bag his Late Late Show presenting role?
In 2014 Corden was announced as the successor to Craig Ferguson as the presenter of The Late Late Show on US channel CBS.
Producers were impressed with Corden after his series The Wrong Mans aired in the States, and he’d also just starred in the Paul Potts biopic One Chance.
He took over as host of the late-night talk show in the spring of 2015 and has been there ever since.
Despite some scepticism over whether he’d do a good job, his Carpool Karaoke segment became a viral sensation after he got singers including Adele, Britney Spears and One Direction to get in his car with him.
Who is James Corden married to and what is his net worth?
James married actress-turned-producer Julia Carey in 2012, and they currently live in Malibu in a £19m mansion .
The pair were introduced in 2009 by James’ close pal Dominic Cooper, who had known Julia for years.
They have three children together – son Max, born in March 2011, and daughters Carey (born in October 2014) and a newborn daughter born in December 2017.
As of 2019, Corden is estimated to be worth £9.5million.
What was James Corden’s role in the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?
Many were surprised to see James Corden strolling into the ground of Windsor Castle on Saturday 19 May 2018 as one of the guests watching the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
However, the jolly TV host has a long documented friendship with Prince Harry (now the Duke of Sussex) and has been seen out enjoying drinks around London with the Royal in the past.
James is said to have acted as a compere during the post wedding celebrations – presiding over a dance off between Prince’s Charles, William and Harry and entertaining the guests with humorous jokes.
most read in tv and showbiz
When did Julia and James welcome baby number three?
On December 12, 2017, Harry Styles took over James’ presenting role on The Late Late Show and revealed that it was due to Julia giving birth to a baby girl that day.
The performer was brought in to cover his pal with only two hours to spare.
James later announced the birth himself on Twitter, and wrote: “Today we welcomed a beautiful baby daughter into the world. Both she and her mother are doing great. We can't stop smiling. Thank you Harry for stepping in to host the show at 2 and a half hours notice! x x x”
- Friends fans left fuming as James Corden officially confirmed as reunion host
- James Corden Vows Not to Yuck Your Yum, Will Change
- The CBS Head of Late Night’s Really Tall Chair Won Late Night This Week
- Conan O’Brien’s (Third) Farewell Won Late Night This Week
- James Corden: The Late Late Show host undergoes eye surgery
- James Corden mocked after mistaking Wayne Lineker for a lonely old man in spoof post
- James Corden net worth: Incredible fortune star has made as he’s tipped to replace Ellen
- Gavin and Stacey stars Ruth Jones and Rob Brydon unveil new BBC Christmas comedy
- Gavin and Stacey season 4: Will Gavin and Stacey return? ‘There will be more’
- Prince Harry backed by James Corden over Megxit - ‘Cannot be easy’
- James Corden's net worth 'doubled' to eye-watering amount after 'risky' move to LA
- James Corden gives exciting update on Gavin and Stacey's return
- James Corden replaced by Romesh Ranganathan on A League Of Their Own
- Gavin & Stacey's Ruth Jones and Rob Brydon 'film new BBC festive comedy special called Ray & Gaynor in the Scottish Highlands'
- Gavin & Stacey's Ruth Jones and Rob Brydon get new BBC festive comedy special
- Ruth Jones: Gavin and Stacey star channelled Nessa for saucy moment with Tom Jones
- Gavin and Stacey: Mathew Horne 'faced cruel scene to test chemistry' with Joanna Page
- James Corden defends friend Prince Harry's decision to quit UK 'Can't imagine it is easy'
- James Corden shows slimmer frame as he steps out after Prince Harry interview and WW partnership announcement
- Friends cast join James Corden for impromptu Carpool Karaoke on The Late Late Show
How old is James Corden and is The Late Late Show host appearing on the Gavin & Stacey reunion? have 1361 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 29, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.