BEIJING — The founder of Huawei says U.S. restrictions on sales to the Chinese tech giant will have little impact and the company is talking with Google about the possible effect on its smartphone business. Ren Zhengfei told Chinese reporters Tuesday in comments broadcast by state TV the company has “supply backups” if it loses access to American chips and other technology under last week’s order. Washington says Huawei is a security threat and imposed imposing restrictions last week on technology sales to the company.Ren said those control “will have no impact within this company” but some low-end business might be affected.He said Huawei and Google are discussing possible “emergency relief measures” for its smartphone business, which might lose access to some of the American company’s services.
- Trump, Macron Reach Truce On Digital Tax Impacting Facebook, Google
- US expands blacklist but gives Huawei another 90-day reprieve
- Huawei ban: Full timeline as US presses Britain to block Huawei from its 5G network.
- Huawei Ditches Google Maps, Strikes Deal With TomTom For Navigation Services - Reports
- Huawei Closes Deal with TomTom to Create Google Maps Alternative
- Meng Wanzhou's court battle is the start of another critical year for Huawei
- How to get started with Google’s Home application
- Huawei strikes deal to use TomTom maps on its smartphones after being cut off from Google in US-China trade war
- Who needs Google? Huawei wants mobile developers to build for its new app store
- Absence of core Android and popular Google apps hurting Huawei the most: Report
Huawei: US controls have 'no impact,' talking to Google have 261 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at May 21, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.