Protesters walk towards the sitin protest outside the Sudanese military headquarters, in Khartoum, Sudan, Tuesday, May 14, 2019. Sudanese protesters say security agents loyal to ousted President Omar al-Bashir attacked their sit-ins overnight, setting off clashes that left six people dead, including an army officer, and heightened tensions as the opposition holds talks with the ruling military council. Both the protesters and the transitional military council say the violence was instigated by al-Bashir loyalists from within the security forces. (AP Photo) KHARTOUM, Sudan – Sudan’s protest leaders are calling for mass rallies across the country amid deadlocked negotiations with the ruling military over its handover of power. The Sudanese Professionals’ Association, which has spearheaded four months of protests that drove Omar al-Bashir from power in April, says it’s also calling for a “million man march” outside the military headquarters in Khartoum. Thursday’s statement, posted on Facebook, says the protesters want to denounce the ruling generals’ resistance to relinquish power to a sovereign council that both side had already agreed should lead the country during the transitional period. There are also indications that the SPA, a union umbrella, may call for a general strike. The two sides have held several rounds… Read full this story
- Violent Video Games Thrown Out by Students in Protest Against Mass Shootings
- EB Games plans mass midnight Halo 2 events today
- Dozens of Hong Kong pro-democracy protesters charged with rioting, including a 16-year-old girl, show up in court as supporters demand their release
- Third Army of Two in the works?
- U.S. top court rebuffs state bids to cut Planned Parenthood funds
- My part in the anti-war demo that changed protest for ever
- Mass Effect Q&A: Mapping the Galaxy
- Arrests and injuries as Hamburg gripped by mass anti-G20 protests
- Northern Ireland’s lost moment: how the peaceful protests of ’68 escalated into years of bloody conflict
- Sound Byte: Meet the Composers - Mass Effect 3
Sudanese protesters plan mass rally as talks stall with army have 322 words, post on www.foxnews.com at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.