World Cup-winning former India skipper Kapil Dev says that the vexed question of a replacement opener in place of Shikhar Dhawan should be left to the national selectors. Shikhar Dhawan suffered a thumb fracture while batting against Australia in the World Cup 2019 league match at the Kennington Oval on Sunday and will be out of action for three weeks. There is a lot of conjectures about who would open in his place, but Kapil Dev told NDTV that the selectors should do the job.”Leave it to the selectors to decide on opening slot,” Kapil Dev told NDTV in an exclusive interview.”We should respect the team management and the captain and I have faith in the team management,” he added.Asked about the prospects of teams and who would make it to the semi-finals, the 1983 World Cup-winning captain was noncommittal.”(It is) difficult to predict the semi-finalists,” he said. “I would like to say good luck to the Indian team.”Speaking on former Australian captain Steve Waugh’s comment that Hardik Pandya can dominate the 2019 World Cup like South African Lance Klusener dominated the 1999 World Cup, Kapil Dev said, “I wish him (Pandya) good luck.”The team more important than individuals,” he… Read full this story
- Fiction Endings - Should You Leave An Open Ending?
- Personal Injury Claims - The Evidence You Need
- Personal Injury Explained - Simple and Easy
- Suffered a Head Injury in the Last Three Years? Get Your Compensation Claim Started
- 5 Reasons To Hire An Experienced Injury Lawyer
- Looking Through the MIST - Minor Impact Soft Tissue Injury
- A Personal Injury Settlement Amount Is Impossible To Determine
- What To Expect From A Whiplash Injury Claim?
- A Life Cycle Complete - Saying Goodbye
- How to Find a Great Work Injury Attorney in Your State
After Shikhar Dhawan Injury, Kapil Dev Says Leave Choice Of Opener To Selectors have 303 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.