Another evaluator concurred. “Bullpen. He’ll help them in the summer I think,” he said. That projection played out on Tuesday night against the Texas Rangers. In his first start for the Sox, Hernandez struck out the side in the first inning then punched out Nomar Mazara with a 96-m.p.h. fastball to start the second. Eight of the next 14 batters reached base safely, five on walks. Hernandez threw only 42 of 86 pitches for strikes and allowed four runs. That Hernandez has dynamite stuff can’t be denied. He hit 98 with his fastball and threw some impressive sliders. But he missed low, high, inside and outside. If Hernandez had some sort of plan of how he wanted to pitch the Rangers, it wasn’t apparent. “The stuff is great and all that,” manager Alex Cora said. “But obviously he was erratic.” It shouldn’t have been much of a surprise. Hernandez has averaged 7.1 walks per nine innings at Double A Portland this season. But in short, more-focused stints, Hernandez could be a useful reliever for the major league team in another month or two. The Sox have done the absolute right thing developing him as a starter because you have to… Read full this story
- Avengers-like team of Square Enix devs are making next Avengers game
- I'm Adam Savage, and This Is How I Work
- Managers, here’s why you should think about hiring a coach for your team
- I'm Squarespace Chief Creative Officer David Lee, and This Is How I Work
- Commute woes, flexi needs push India Inc to loosen work policies
- I'm Teresa Younger, President of the Ms. Foundation for Women, and This Is How I Work
- We are Katia Beauchamp and Hayley Barna, Founders of Birchbox, and This Is How We Work
- I'm Justin Rosenstein, Co-Founder of Asana, and This Is How I Work
- Why Your Team Sucks 2015: New England Patriots
- 'They are killing tennis': Nick Kyrgios slams critics who want to stop team tournaments – saying 'no one wants to watch an event in Antwerp'
Darwinzon Hernandez a work in progress — like his team have 341 words, post on www.bostonglobe.com at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.