Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of The Lion King has posted the second-highest best ticket first day sales of the year
It's Simba's kingdom, and we're all just living in it.
Disney's upcoming live-action remake of The Lion King has posted the second-highest best ticket first day sales of the year, second only to Avengers: Endgame .
In addition, the 24-hour sales for Lion King were the best ever for a family movie for Atom Tickets.
For Fandango, the movie racked up the best first-day sales out of all the Disney live-action adaptations, topping 2017's Beauty and the Beast and this year's Aladdin .
The Lion King is expected to be the movie of the summer after Aladdin opened to higher opening weekend numbers than predicted.
Aladdin clocked in with a $113 million opening weekend, bumping up the projections for the highly-anticipated Lion King starring Donald Glover and Beyoncé as Simba and Nala, respectively.
The cast also includes Seth Rogen as Pumbaa; Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar; James Earl Jones reprising his role as the voice of Mufasa from the 1994 animated film; Billy Eichner as Timon; Alfre Woodard as Sarabi, Simba's mother; John Kani as Rafiki and John Oliver as Zazu.
Projections for The Lion King now have it at a $180-$200 million debut over the July 19 weekend, according to Box Office magazine .
The Lion King opens in theaters July 19.
- Lion King screening coming to city with dance offs & popcorn wars
- Frozen 2 teaser trailer: Disney gives first glimpse of sequel 10 months ahead of release
- Hollywood sees off Netflix threat in record year at global box office
- The Lion King stage show is coming to Bristol this year
- The incredible effort needed to bring The Lion King to Bristol
- Disney hauls in $7.325 billion at box office in 2018
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame is getting a live-action reboot
- 'Aquaman' makes a big splash to top N.American box office
- 'Aquaman' stays afloat atop N.American box office
- 'Glass' stays full in N. American box offices
- 'Glass' tops N. America box office for second week
- Latest Spider-Man spin-off scales box office heights
- More than 70,000 sign petition over Disney’s ‘hakuna matata’ trademark
- Frozen 2: Disney gives first glimpse of sequel in trailer released 10 months ahead of film
- Josh Warrington vs Carl Frampton: What TV channel, live stream, start time, tickets, undercard, odds
- Josh Warrington vs Carl Frampton: What TV channel, live stream, start time, weigh-in results, undercard, what they said, odds
- Every single Disney remake heading to cinemas
- Heading to the cinema? All the big movie releases screening this week reviewed
- Roll up for the big movies of the year: here are the most eagerly awaited cinema releases
- The most anticipated films of 2019 and their release dates
Disney's Live-Action The Lion King Is Already Breaking Box Office Records Weeks Before Release have 497 words, post on people.com at June 26, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.