Email RMIT ABC Fact Check Updated June 14, 2019 11:40:34 Photo: The NSW Premier’s claim does not check out. (AAP: Perry Duffin) Map: Sydney 2000 The claimClimate change has been identified as a key issue for voters in Saturday’s New South Wales election, and is expected to be an influential factor in the upcoming federal election in May — particularly in the northern Sydney seat of Warringah, held by Tony Abbott.Currently, New South Wales and Western Australia are the only two states in Australia without a renewable energy target. The NSW Liberal-National Coalition Government and Labor Opposition have both campaigned on investment in renewable energy, including solar energy.During a NSW leaders’ debate with Opposition Leader Michael Daley, Premier Gladys Berejiklian sought to establish the government’s credentials on renewable energy. Ms Berejiklian said “the largest … use of solar energy is actually NSW”.Is that correct?RMIT ABC Fact Check investigates.The verdictMs Berejiklian’s claim doesn’t check out.Fact Check compared NSW with other states in three ways: the consumption of solar energy as a proportion of total energy; the amount of solar energy generated; and the installed capacity to generate solar energy.Where available, this was done in raw terms and on a per capita… Read full this story
- A GOOD HEALTH AUGMENTING WHOLESOME USAGE OF THE INFINITE VAULT OF SOLAR ENERGY
- How real is Saudi Arabia's interest in renewable energy?
- The Energies of Today and Tomorrow
- Tesla has installed a truly huge amount of energy storage
- Solar Panels for Home Use
- 4 Reasons Why Coal is Losing to Renewable Energy
- Interstellar comet fits right in with our solar system
- Google green energy buys boost 'carbon-free' portfolio
- THE MIND BOGGLING SOUND ENERGY OF SUPER MANTRA GAYATRI
- How to Use Compost Tumblers for Max Yields
Gladys Berejiklian says the largest use of solar energy is in NSW. Is she correct? have 287 words, post on www.abc.net.au at June 14, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.