With the upcoming iPadOS, you’ll be able to plug external drives and SD cards into your iPad the way you already can with your Mac or Windows PC.
“iPadOS … supports external drives, allowing users to easily plug in USB drives, SD cards or log into an SMB file server, all from within the Files app,” Apple said in a statement Monday at its Worldwide Developer Conference, aka WWDC, in San Jose, California.
The new feature reflects how much closer iPads and Macs are becoming. iPads and Macs remain separate product lines, but with software tools like Project Catalyst — formerly called Marzipan — Apple is breaking down the barriers.
Another big step: iPadOS also will support mouse pointers, early tests of the beta software indicate.
Follow all of today’s Apple news.
- The Week in Wrestling: Santino Marella’s Royal Rumble memories
- The Flash recap: Barry and friends need to Think Fast
- Louisville’s national championship memories won’t go away. Neither will the shame
- Hochman: Cards have no alternative to Ozuna
- Buccaneers Report Card Versus The Rams
- Ryder Cup Report Card: Team USA
- Final Report Card Grades for Every NBA Team
- Still A Series To Savor: Memories of the epic 1991 Twins vs. Braves Fall Classic
- Razorbacks Welcome LSU, Memories
- Green Bay Packers: Stock up, stock down entering Wild Card Weekend
- Jadeveon Clowney takes over as Texans finally start clicking in wild-card win
- Off-Season Report Cards: NFC North
- From mini-tours to a Memorial title for William McGirt
- Reyes throws seven shutout frames in Cards’ 3-0 win over Giants
- Michigan State Football: Report card for loss to BYU
- Ole Miss Football: Report Card for 2016 Season
- Boris Johnson's bid for snap election is CRUSHED: Corbyn chickens out of letting public go to the polls as MPs inflict humiliating defeat on PM hours after passing law to stop No Deal
- Pink glove keeps Mom's memory alive for Phillies' Jerome Williams
- The Drive of Alon Day: Born in Israel, bred on video games, the Jewish pilot tows NASCAR’s latest diversity hopes
- Blue Jays top Orioles in 11 innings to advance in Wild Card Game
iPadOS will let you plug flash drives, memory cards into your iPad have 406 words, post on www.cnet.com at June 3, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.