The injury was sustained during training for round 14 of V. League 1 2019 last weekend.
Doctors have said that Duc’s anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is torn and he needs to undergo corrective surgery as soon as possible.
This means Duc will not be able to play for his club Song Lam Nghe An FC for the rest of V. League 1 2019 season.
This is the second injury that Duc faced this year. Since the start of 2019, he has only played one game for Song Lam Nghe An. In March, he damaged his ACL while training for round two of V. League 1 and has had to sit out since then.
Duc’s absence is a big blow to the Vietnam national team as it prepares to compete in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers that will kick off soon this year.
Under Park Hang-seo’s lead, Duc became an important factor in the national team’s offense. Observers have praised his simple but smart and effective style of play.
Earlier, defender Tran Dinh Trong also had to quit all the tournaments in 2019, including SEA Games 30 and World Cup 2022 qualifiers due to an ACL injury. It will take Trong six to eight months to recover after surgery, doctors have said.
- [Explainer] World Cup Group qualifying scenarios for knockout rounds
- FIFA World Cup: Switzerland qualify for knockouts after 2-2 draw with Costa Rica
- Kenya: Miguna Mocks Raila After Germany Loses Opening Match in World Cup
- Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: Namibia Defeated Tunisia 118-00 today in Windhoek during the Rugby Africa Gold Cup
- Will play FIFA World Cup 2022 with white beard: Spain skipper Sergio Ramos
- Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: Zimbabwe drew with Morocco today in Harare during the Rugby Africa Gold Cup
- Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: Namibia Defeated Uganda Saturday in Windhoek during the Rugby Africa Gold Cup
- Aussie Boomers stunned by Japan in FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifier to mar Thon Maker’s debut
- Aussie Boomers vs Philippines live coverage: FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers
- KENNETH OMERUO: My second appearance in World Cup amazing