HCM City (VNA) – Ho Chi Minh City is keen to cooperate with European businesses in building a smart city, Vice Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Tran Vinh Tuyen has said.
He said to solve the aforesaid problems and strive for sustainable development, HCM City is carrying out a project to turn into a smart city, including the development of technology infrastructure.
According to the official, the southern economic hub has been building four pillars of the project namely a shared database and open data ecosystem; a smart urban operation centre; a centre for simulating and forecasting socio-economic development strategies; and an information security centre, he said.
The city also plans to build a modern financial centre and an innovative urban area in District 2, District 9 and Thu Duc district, he added.
As European firms have invested in many smart city projects, HCM City hope to cooperate with and learn experience from European firms in these fields, the official said.
He affirmed that the city administration will create the optimal conditions for the businesses to cooperate and make investment in the city.
Nicolas Audier, Chairman of EuroCham in Vietnam, said the signing of the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) will open up opportunities for the expansion of bilateral trade connections.
The deal is expected to create a wave of investment from Europe into Vietnam and vice versa, he added.
He expressed his belief that there will be a flow of high-quality investment from European firms into Vietnam and HCM City with the transfer of new cutting-edge technologies.
The Chairman said EuroCham wants to develop the public-private-partnership (PPP) model in Vietnam to address urban problems.
During the meeting, the two sides also exchanged opinions on matters related to the EVFTA, focusing on tax and customs policies, transportation and logistics, trade facilitation, tracking of food origin, agriculture, and green energy.-VNA
- HCM City to host Smart City Asia 2022
- Green Economy Forum and Exhibition to be held in HCM City in November
- Even If You're Not A Tourist, This European City Wants You To Visit
- Homeless families living in vehicles are filling this quiet S.F. neighborhood. Here’s how the city wants to help them
- HCMC bolsters cooperation with Australian state
- HCM City, Laos enhance bilateral cooperation
- HCM City: Hot demand for air conditioners
- HCM City’s CPI inches up 0.22 percent in May
- Modi @3: Smart cities, slow progress
- HCM City bolsters cooperation with Australian state
- HCM City wishes to see more investment activities from Austrian firms: official
- Innovation hub at the heart of Thủ Đức smart city plan
- Room remains for boosting HCM City-Cuba cooperation
- HCM City growth remains an X factor: foreign investors
- HCM City marks Workers’ Month with delivery of diverse benefits
- Lao leaders appreciate Ho Chi Minh City-Vientiane cooperation
- Ho Chi Minh City seeks to promote cooperation with Greece
- HCM City museums seek to digitize, widen reach
- Investors updated on HCM City’s incentives
- HCM City to host ICT trade fair
HCM City wants to cooperate with European businesses in smart city have 518 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 11, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.