IMAGE: With his 26th ODI hundred against Bangladesh, Rohit Sharma equalled Kumar Sangakkara’s record of ‘the most centuries in a World Cup edition’. Photograph: Andrew Boyers India opener Rohit Sharma surpassed David Warner as the leading run-getter in the ongoing World Cup after scoring his fourth hundred in the tournament against Bangladesh on Tuesday. With his 26th ODI hundred against Bangladesh, in Birmingham, he equalled Kumar Sangakkara’s record of scoring the most tons in a World Cup edition. The Sri Lankan great had slammed four centuries in the 2015 edition. Rohit has amassed 544 runs so far in the tournament, while Warner’s tally is 516. Dropped by Tamim Iqbal early in his innings, he went on to amass 104 off 92 balls, including seven fours and five sixes, before being dismissed by Soumya Sarkar. On the way to his back-to-back centuries, the 32-year-old also became the second Indian after Sachin Tendulkar to breach the 500-run barrier in a World Cup. Tendulkar had amassed 500-plus runs in the 1996 and 2003 edition. Overall, Rohit has now scored five World Cup hundreds, one coming in 2015.
- Glenn Maxwell Was Hoping For A Broken Arm During 2019 World Cup To Get "An Easy Escape"
- Highlights, India vs Pakistan, ICC U-19 World Cup Semi-Final: Yashasvi Jaiswal Scores Ton As India Beat Pakistan In Semis
- Hockey Women's World Cup 2018: Savita slips, India fall after shootout loss to Ireland in QFs
- World Cup 2019: Kieron Pollard Optimistic Of Making Windies Comeback Following IPL Heroics
- This day, that year: Sourav Ganguly shattered an Indian record at 2003 World Cup
- Cricket Nostalgia: When Sourav Ganguly became the first Indian to reach this World Cup milestone
- New Zealand into Cricket World Cup final despite Jadeja’s heroics for India
- World Cup 2019: MS Dhoni's Sticky Form Temporary And He Will Prove That In Remaining Matches: Sourav Ganguly
- IPL 2020: These Indian players, including MS Dhoni, will be jolted if IPL 13 cancelled ahead of ICC T20 World Cup
- This Day That Year: Ricky Ponting Goes Berserk as India's World Cup Dreams Go Up in Smoke
Rohit is 2019 World Cup's leading scorer after 4th ton have 327 words, post on www.rediff.com at July 2, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.