Vavae Malepeai is representing Tailback U this preseason.
The USC running back was named to the Doak Walker Award watch list on Wednesday. The award is given annually to the country’s best running back.
The junior is USC’s leading returning rusher who hopes to benefit from the graduation of last year’s first-string tailback, Aca’Cedric Ware. Malepeai had 93 rushing attempts as a sophomore and gained 501 yards, an average of 5.4 per carry. He also scored eight touchdowns and gained 88 yards on 15 receptions.
Reggie Bush is the only USC running back to win the Doak Walker Award, picking it up following the 2005 season, the same year that Bush won the Heisman Trophy before it was vacated.
- Critics’ Choice Documentary Awards Winners List: Neon Wins Big With ‘Apollo 11’, ‘Honeyland’ And ‘The Biggest Little Farm’
- 2019 Latin Grammy Awards: Complete List of Winners
- People’s Choice Awards Winners List: ‘Avengers: Endgame’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Honorees
- Mariah Carey Delivers Killer Medley Of Hits at 2019 Billboard Music Awards: Watch
- Pierce Brosnan’s sons named Golden Globe Awards ambassadors
- Rekha honoured with ANR award: 'Watch what you feed your brain,' says the actress
- Dutee Chand named in TIME 100 Next list
- COULTER: Do Democratic Presidential Candidates Belong On A Terrorist Watch List?
- Bucs draft USC RB Ronald Jones II, 2 CBs and guard on Day 2
- Arjun Kapoor is a Proud Brother as Anshula Wins Her First Awards, Watch Video