A woman who said she was a 16-year-old sex-trafficking victim when she killed a man in 2004has walked free from prison Wednesday morning after being granted clemency . Kim Kardashian West, Rihanna, and other celebrities had lobbied for Cyntoia Brown’s release, and then-Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam agreed in January. The now-31-year-old Brown will remain on parole supervision for 10 years after her release Wednesday, on the condition she does not violate any state or federal laws, holds a job, and participates in regular counseling sessions, Haslam’s commutation says. In a statement released Monday, Brown said she wants to help other women and girls suffering abuse and exploitation. “I thank Governor and First Lady Haslam for their vote of confidence in me and with the Lord’s help I will make them as well as the rest of my supporters proud,” she wrote. Her attorneys said she’s requesting privacy and transition time before she makes herself available to the public. Brown was convicted in 2006 of murdering 43-year-old Nashville real estate agent Johnny Allen. Police said she shot Allen in the back of the head at close range with a gun she brought to rob him after he picked her up at… Read full this story
- Cyntoia Brown Is Coming Home. Now What?
- Cyntoia Brown Granted Clemency
- Cyntoia Brown Documentary in the Works at Netflix
- Cyntoia Brown Is Finally Free
- Cyntoia Brown's Freedom Comes With Strings
- Cyntoia Brown, Sex Trafficking Victim Serving Life For Killing Pimp, Granted Clemency Hearing
- She’s Married Now: Cyntoia Brown Got Hitched to Christian Rapper J. Long Behind Bars—Via a Stand-In
- Cyntoia Brown Releases Debut Book Cover, Says She's 'Loving Every Single Thing' About Her Freedom
- Cyntoia Brown Scheduled to Leave Prison After Clemency
- Cyntoia Brown is released from Tennessee women’s prison
Cyntoia Brown Walks Out of Prison After Clemency have 291 words, post on www.newsmax.com at August 7, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.