Concept art of the new Magic Happens parade set to debut in spring 2020 at Disneyland. (Courtesy of Disney)
Concept art from Disney: Set to debut in spring 2020 at Disneyland, the new Magic Happens parade will feature stunning floats, beautiful costumes, and beloved Disney characters from “Moana,” “Coco,” “Sleeping Beauty,” and more. (Courtesy of Disney)
SoundThe gallery will resume inseconds
Concept art of the new Magic Happens parade set for 2020 at Disneyland. (Courtesy of Disney)
Disneyland will launch the new Magic Happens daytime parade along Main Street USA in spring 2020 with Moana, Coco and Sleeping Beauty floats all lead by Mickey Mouse.
The new parade was announced Sunday, Aug. 25, during the Disney theme parks panel at the D23 Expo in the Anaheim Convention Center.
“It celebrates awe-inspiring moments of magic that are at the heart of so many Disney stories,” said Bob Chapek, Disney’s chairman of parks, experiences and products. “It’s a perfect mix of classic and new stories for every generation.”
The Moana float will feature the title character on a flower-covered sailboat riding a sweeping blue wave.
The two-part Coco float will be connected by a red and orange floral bridge. Coco plays guitar under a gazebo while a pair of skeletons perform on stage under a blue sugar skull marquee.
Towering castle turrets dot the Sleeping Beauty float as Princess Aurora dances Prince Phillip. Nearby, the fairies Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather wave their magic wands.
Magic Happens will feature a new song and musical score produced by “American Idol” singer-songwriter Todrick Hall. Actor-singer Jordan Fisher offered a musical taste of the Magic Happens score during the D23 theme parks panel. Fisher has contributed to the “Moana” soundtrack and performed in “Hamilton” on Broadway.
- Launch New York gets $4.5 million boost from Wilson Foundation
- Boston Globe Launches New Vertical ‘Dedicated to Marijuana Coverage’
- WHO and partners launch new country-led response to put stalled malaria control efforts back on track
- LEADING VACATION RENTAL COMPANY LAUNCHES NEW SITE
- When Will NASA, SpaceX Launch New Crew Dragon Craft? Demo Delayed Until at Least February
- Model-Businessman Launches New Vodka Brand Offering the Vintage of France, with the New Tradition of Texas
- 12 ReTech's Lexi-Luu Dancewear Launches New E-Commerce Site with 12 ReTech's Cutting Edge "12 Online Solutions".
- Command Alkon Launches New Websites Across Latin American Markets to Enhance the User Experience
- Hudson Global Launches New Era of Investment and Growth
- Aeromexico and Delta Air Lines reinforce connectivity between Mexico and Detroit by launching new route