Florida burglars are targeting Chinese restaurants and they’re not walking away with takeout. Authorities say they are taking the entire cash register instead.
Ten restaurants around the Ocala area have been hit in the last few months. Police say the break-ins typically happen overnight and that the burglars either take cash or the entire cash register. The latest occurred Friday morning in Williston.
The Ocala Star-Banner reports there were a series of home invasion robberies targeting Asian business owners in several counties, including Marion and Alachua, more than a decade ago. Four people were convicted in those cases.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, https://www.starbanner.com/
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- It's quantity over quality at this Chinese restaurant in Macon
- Charlotte has three great Chinese restaurants? Yes, and here's what to order at each
- Private customized luxurious travel by Nightshade Studios targets Chinese luxury travel market
- 'Disgraceful' burglars target fire station while crews are out tackling blaze
- Chinese restaurant's all-you-can-eat deal goes very wrong
- Authentic Chinese restaurant to open at The Marketplace Mall and Plum House Express closes
- Woman 'trashed' Chinese restaurant, yelled racial slurs: police
- Happy Gathering Chinese restaurant in Cardiff faces major fine
- All-you-can-eat hot-pot special puts Chinese restaurant out of business
- Burglars targeting homes in Portage Park: police