SAN ANTONIO (AP) — H-E-B has voluntarily recalled half-gallon containers of Strawberry Creamy Creations ice cream after metal from processing equipment was found during routine inspections.
The San Antonio-based grocer on Thursday announced the recall involving more than 100 stores in Texas. H-E-B has no reports of anyone hurt and says the unsold ice cream has been removed from store shelves.
The recalled ice cream has UPC 4122034602 on the package and a sell-by date of March 12, 2020.
Customers who purchased the ice cream can return it to the store for a full refund. Anyone with questions can contact H-E-B customer service at 1-855-432-4438.
H-E-B says the recall does not impact its Central Market, Houston or Mexico stores.
- The real scoop: Frozen yogurt only sounds healthier than ice cream
- Wegmans (and more!) sued over “natural” vanilla ice cream not actually flavored with vanilla [Updated]
- If You Love Ice Cream, Here's Where To Have It In NYC
- Ice cream makes everything better—even science
- Leftover hot dog buns + melted ice cream + eggs = legit bread pudding
- The fall of Trickling Springs Creamery and what it means for my favorite ice cream [Updated]
- Beat the heat: Mumbai crowd chills with lassi; Belgian chocolate ice-cream a hit in Delhi
- January Jones keeps cool with sunhat and ice cream cone on bonding day with son Xander at pumpkin patch in LA
- Miley Cyrus cuddles up to her new boyfriend Cody Simpson during carefree ice cream date in LA
- 99 problems! Moment seagull swoops in to steal FLAKE from top of startled teenager’s ice cream on Brighton Pier