DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — Kanye West hosted a Sunday Service in Ohio in support of those affected by the recent mass shooting.
A large crowd gathered at the musician’s service in a park in Dayton. The event featured choir singers and was also attended by comedian Dave Chappelle.
Chappelle, who resides in nearby Yellow Springs, was scheduled to host a special block party and benefit concert later Sunday in Dayton for those affected by the shooting. That event was expected to feature national and local entertainers.
Organizers of Sunday night’s “Gem City Shine” event say it would be an effort to “reclaim” the entertainment district where 24-year-old Connor Betts’ 32-second rampage killed nine people and left dozens injured on Aug. 4.
- WATCH: Austin Rivers compares the Clippers to Kanye West
- Family of Sandy Hook shooting victim visits Kelsey
- Kanye West’s ‘The Life of Pablo’ through the lens of David Bowie’s ‘Station To Station’
- Lamar Odom expected to attend Kanye West’s new album listening party
- Kanye West acts like Kanye West at NBA Finals; Kimmel messes with Warriors fans
- Buckeyes join Hokies in tribute to Virginia shooting victims
- Colorado-Oregon pay tribute to shooting victims before game
- 6 famous sports explosions that put Kanye West’s Twitter rant to shame
- Patriots’ Brandon Browner: ‘Kanye West is a sucka!’
- Kanye West says he wasn’t ripping LeBron James in his new song