Breana Noble The Detroit News Published 5:07 PM EDT Aug 5, 2019 Detroit — Kelley Root, a Michigan native and 15-year veteran of The Detroit News, is the paper’s new managing editor. Root, 51, replaces Gary Miles to oversee operations of the newsroom. Miles in May took over the position of editor and publisher, replacing the late Jonathan Wolman, who died April 15. “I believe in this paper, I believe in the people that make this paper what it is,” said Root, who previously was assistant managing editor. ”We punch above our weight class. I want to continue to do that for as long as we can, as well as we can. I think we have some excellent journalists here, and I am excited as we go forward to carry on some of the very best traditions of The Detroit News.” Root now will oversee investigative projects and features as well as continue to supervise local news and business coverage. She will continue to report to Miles. “I’ve been constantly impressed with Kelley both as a leader and a journalist,” Miles told staff members Monday afternoon. “She’s done an incredible job, I think, in all of these capacities. She’s not just strong in news… Read full this story
- Anchor and co-founder of PBS News Jim Lehrer, 85, dies 'peacefully' in his sleep as Nancy Pelosi leads tributes saying the nation has lost a 'champion for truth and transparency'
- Radio 4 Today editor Sarah Sands is first high profile name to leave BBC telling staff 'I was never going to be a lifer' as she resigns after corporation announces 450 news job cuts
- John Davidson, former night editor of The Denver Post, dies at 72
- IBM names Indian-origin Arvind Krishna as chief executive
- Mediaite Editor Admits to Being a Convicted Felon Working Under an Assumed Name
- Deadspin Names New York Daily News Vet Jim Rich As Its New Editorial Leader
- Special Report: 'Scam PAC' fundraisers reap millions in the name of 'heart-tugging' causes
- Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 24
- Dragon Age 4 news, rumors and trailers
Kelley Root named Detroit News managing editor have 346 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at August 4, 2019. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.