Jimmy Kimmel is among Donald Trump’s late-night gadflies, while producer Mark Burnett showcased the future president on “The Apprentice.” Yet the two are going into business together.
Kimmel and Burnett will produce a new ABC game show, “Generation Gap,” described by the network as a comedy quiz show that brings family members together to compete as a team.
Asked about the apparent odd-couple pairing with Burnett, Kimmel downplayed the producer’s role in Trump’s election.
Observers have suggested that Burnett’s “The Apprentice” helped shape public perception of Trump as a leader.
Kimmel said there is “no way” that Burnett had the foresight to imagine that Trump would go from reality TV host to president.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Apprentice producer claims Donald Trump’s business empire was ‘crumbling’ when he joined show
- Pressure mounts for 'Apprentice' producers to release Donald Trump tapes
- Jeremy Kyle manhandles pretty young show producer to make a point about cheating…and viewers are outraged
- Tony Blair in talks with Oscar-winning film producer about making a documentary of his life
- Saturday Kitchen Live fans gush over Donal Skehan and beg producers to make him permanent
- Who is Jimmy Kimmel? Oscars 2017 presenter, chat show host and comedian – here’s all you need to know
- The bombshell tape that reveals what Nick Hewer REALLY thinks about The Apprentice
- Top Agents and Teams Join eXp Realty
- Latest Release of Quiz Making Tool vQuiz by WDMtech
- Beyoncé has a surprise TV special airing Monday on ABC