Netflix and the series' producer, BHD, began negotiations for the rights in 2018 and the deal was completed in June this year.
Descendants of the Sun Vietnam is a remake of the eponymous 2016 South Korean series, and has 24 episodes of 60 minutes each. It was directed by Tran Bao Loc and produced by Nguyen Phan Quang Binh.
It revolves around the love story of captain Duy Kien (played by Song Luan) and Dr Hoai Phuong (played by Kha Ngan).
It was broadcast in September-November 2018 to mixed reviews from audiences and critics about the acting and direction.
Earlier Vietnamese movies like “Trung So” (Jackpot), Chung Cu Ma (Hush) and “Hai Phuong” (Furie) were shown on Netflix.
Netflix is one of the top media streaming platforms in the world, with users paying every month to watch movies on it. It is now available in more than 190 countries, including Vietnam.
- Netflix Adds New Anime Series Pop Team Epic and More
- Best Netflix shows: 20 TV series you should be watching in February 2020
- Netflix’s new original series commands viewers to click through to the next episode
- Netflix Cancels Spinning Out After One Season
- Huge Disney+ Subscriber Numbers Have Yet to Harm Netflix Stock
- Netflix has removed nine titles, including Night of the Living Dead, to comply with government requests
- SAG Awards: Lily Allen opts for vampish glamour in black organza as she cosies up to beau David Harbour at glitzy Netflix after-party
- Alexa Chung steps out for a cheeky cigarette as she takes a break from blazing the promo trail for new Netflix fashion series in NYC
- Netflix Reveals It Removed Nine Programs Due to Government Takedown Requests
- Movies Netflix Has Removed From Service At Request Of Governments
- The Witcher Books Are Buy 2, Get 1 Free on Amazon
- Disney Plus: Everything you need to know about Disney's Netflix rival
- Netflix's Locke & Key producers on why the show finally made it to screen
- Meghan Markle's BFF Jessica Mulroney shares behind-the-scene snaps from her Netflix show about second weddings - and says her 'crazy schedule' was worth 'every smile and tear'
- Netflix, Spotify stop free trial offers in Vietnam
- Netflix, Spotify accounts traded dirt-cheap on black market
- 'Next in Fashion' on Netflix: Who Won the Show and How To Buy Their Collection
- Scarlett Johansson looks worse for wear as she sports ripped tights leaving Netflix's star-studded BAFTAs after-party
- Netflix acquires Nipsey Hussle documentary from director Ava DuVernay
- Tom Hiddleston Joins Netflix Series
Netflix buys rights to Vietnamese series have 386 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 29, 2019. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.